Your favourite songs they never played live

• While it's never been one I like much it has its place on the album and would have fit well in the set. But obviously if, as per Winston's post, it was problematic for them that suggests they tried and abandoned it. Of course it did have a place on that tour in that it was the intro video (well at least at the London shows it was, I assume it was used throughout the tour).

I'm not a particularly big fan of the track either although I did like the video. It might have been an opportunity to use a local brass quartet or something, like in Australia where there was a rule about using local musicians. But I do recall a comment about it being too frenetic to play live or something! I bet there's an amusing outtake or two of them giving it a lash.

Btw the tour video has Do The Neurotic playing over the credits, and if memory serves it was even listed on the tracklist on the back (?), which got me very excited when I saw it. Did the song actually play the band out at the end of the gig or was it just on the video?

• Btw the tour video has Do The Neurotic playing over the credits, and if memory serves it was even listed on the tracklist on the back (?), which got me very excited when I saw it. Did the song actually play the band out at the end of the gig or was it just on the video?

Yes I remember it listed on the VHS cassette at the end. As I recall from the Wembley gig I went to, no it wasn't played over the PA at the end - I think it was still Ethel Merman.

The VHS cover was so much better, a close-up of a domino.

Abandon all reason

• Official Post

Blood on the rooftops

Silver rainbow

Heathaze

obvious choices

then Just A Job To Do and Living forever would have been awesome. Especially the instrumental part of Living forever

cheers

Christian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | BlueSky

Deutsch? Check our German Website

Check out our brand new WhatsApp Channel!

• I bet Blood On The Rooftops will win this thread. I would have been all for it, I was surprised they seriously talked about including it in the Last Domino tour.

That aside I'm also with all of you who mentioned Living Forever and Do The Neurotic.

On the CAS tour they should have played One Man's Fool. The buildup in the second half is fantastic, also it was one of the rare songs at that time the drummer got unleashed.

Too bad Tony found no way to get Mad Man Moon going. It would have been awesome.

And please. The Cinema Show with Aisle of Plenty.

• Mad Man Moon would have been very difficult to pull off live, more so back in the 70s. But that and Blood On the Rooftops would have been at the top of my list.

Another vote for Living Forever, that instrumental jam after the vocal section is great and it always surprised me that it never made any sort of appearance at a live show.