Genesis Archive #1 & #2

• Official Post

Booklets of both sets are no easy to scan - unless you want to destroy them. So I don’t think anybody has ever done this.

Haven’t seen the pre-print files neither.

cheers

Christian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | BlueSky

Deutsch? Check our German Website

Check out our brand new WhatsApp Channel!

• Booklets of both sets are no easy to scan - unless you want to destroy them. So I don’t think anybody has ever done this.

Yes, certainly the booklet from Archive 1, I recall handling it like an artifact unearthed from an ancient tomb.

I would partially open it and peak inside because I could tell from the crackling sound if I tried to open it properly, the pages would just come apart in my hands.

I don't recall if the Archive 2 booklet had that same problem. It's been a while since I tried looking at them.

• Yes, certainly the booklet from Archive 1, I recall handling it like an artifact unearthed from an ancient tomb.

I would partially open it and peak inside because I could tell from the crackling sound if I tried to open it properly, the pages would just come apart in my hands.

I don't recall if the Archive 2 booklet had that same problem. It's been a while since I tried looking at them.

Haha, yes same for me. I've never actually read the booklets, just peaked inside them. Thought maybe somebody had taken the plunge so I could finally read them online!

• Yes, certainly the booklet from Archive 1, I recall handling it like an artifact unearthed from an ancient tomb.

'Glad', as it were, it wasn't just mine then - poor quality binding.

It makes me wonder if anyone apart from me had such difficulty trying to pry one of the When In Rome dvds out of the holder that it snapped.

Abandon all reason

• I guess the scans on discogs are not what you are talking about?

I don't look at the booklet much myself, but a lot of what I see here for Archive #1 doesn't look familiar. Either mine is missing pages (I thought I bought it new, though), or I just don't remember all of it.

BTW, I find it interesting that John Silver appears in the pictures about 10 times, Chris Stewart once, and John Mayhew not at all.

Little known fact: Before the crowbar was invented...

...crows simply drank at home.

Yep. MIne has fallen apart! Pretty poor packaging , though I never thought about it until now. (No real point in not looking at it unless I intend to sell it at sometime ). Don't think it worth much. Maybe the terrible booklet has something to do with it.! Just like my toy dinky cars when I was a child. Out of box and all bashed up because I stupidly played with them. 😁 My archive 2 booklet is fine . It's the casing that's fallen apart. I really must get round to gluing it back together.

• Ok.

But if you click the item "Testi in inglese del cofanetto Archive #1", It should work. :/

OK thanks got it.

They're terrible lyrics but these were unworldly young chaps emerging blinking from a private school steeped in classicism. It'd be surprising if their lyrics weren't cringeworthy. Always amusing to be reminded of "licking fingers sunk in jam". Even more entertaining to see the jam motif continued in The Image Blown Out.

Abandon all reason