Title mentioned once in passing

• In the past there have been discussions of songs where the title isn't said in the lyrics, songs where the title is almost (but not quite) said in the lyrics, and songs whose titles appear in the lyrics of other songs. Well, here's another one...

How many Genesis songs can you think of where the title is mentioned in the lyrics, but only once and in passing -- i.e., in such a way that a casual listener wouldn't be likely to recognize it as the title? Here are some examples:

Anyway

Burning Rope

Cul-De-Sac

Entangled

Evidence of Autumn

More Fool Me

Seven Stones

Where the Sour Turns to Sweet

White Mountain

Any others?

Little known fact: Before the crowbar was invented...

...crows simply drank at home.

• I don't suppose "Harlequin Harlequin" is exactly a typical hook either, so I think that one counts.

For some reason I have a fondness for titles which are exactly as you described. Not the obvious hook, but just a passing word or phrase from the song.

I think "Anyway" is a great example. For me, as it's the title, when the word appears in the lyrics it has extra emphasis.

• A few on The Lamb? Not sure if these are strictly 'in passing' but they are one-off title mentions:

Back In NYC - although the name is said in full so does that count?

Supernatural Anaesthetist

Slippermen

In The Rapids

Blood On The Rooftops

Many Too Many

Is there an indistinct "Ahhhhhh, the lady lies" near the end of that track?

Abandon all reason

• If I remember correctly, it's something like "you can't resist me".

The bit I'm referring to is in the instrumental run-out, about 05.25-05.30, an 'aaaaaaaaaah' vocalisation ending with what sounds like 'eyes' or 'lies'. It's quite mixed back but while it doesn't sound like "you can't resist me" it admittedly is unlikely the title phrase either.

Abandon all reason

• The bit I'm referring to is in the instrumental run-out, about 05.25-05.30, an 'aaaaaaaaaah' vocalisation ending with what sounds like 'eyes' or 'lies'. It's quite mixed back but while it doesn't sound like "you can't resist me" it admittedly is unlikely the title phrase either.

To me it sounds something like "You can't resist," but then again I could be completely off base. Another example of Dave Hentschel's lousy syrupy pudding production muddling up a song.

• The Lady Lies: It's "you can't resist me," but you really have to listen closely to get it.

I'm genuinely mystified by how people are hearing that. To me the end bit of it definitely sounds like something rhyming with 'eyes', following a drawn-out 'aaaaaaaaaah'.

Abandon all reason