Old Classic Music from YouTube

• There is a Terry Kath biography I watched recently where his wife is interviewed, and she states he was cleaning his gun, not knowing it was loaded, when it went off. I too had always believed it was Russian Roulette gone bad. Even though the truth has come out, it's not any happier an ending. Yes, Terry Kath was one of the great guitarists. Imagine where he could have gone with that talent. At least we have a few albums that show how amazing a guitarist he truly was.

Whether in hindsight it is true or not, I recall it being reported at the time of his death, that his last words were something to the effect of, "Don't worry, it's not loaded."

It was a tragic loss.

It's hard to say that you're happy that an urban myth you once believed turns out to be wrong in this case - i.e., I want to be happy it wasn't Russian Roulette, but, as you said, the truth is no better.

You know, I remember another interview with members of the band, and they backed up the Russian Roulette story. It might have even been a "Behind The Music" show on MTV. Oh well - either way, he's just as dead, and it's just as tragic.

Stepping out the back way, hoping nobody sees...

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Both great songs. I got to see Crowded House a few years ago. I have very mixed feelings about Neil Finn joining Fleetwood Mac. What are your thoughts COT?

I actually did not know that Lindsey Buckingham had abruptly left Fleetwood Mac. Apparently both Neil Finn and Mike Campbell of Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers will be joining FM on their tour. I have seen FM a few times and they had started getting stale many years ago. This is a lineup I would seriously consider going to see in concert. I'll bet they do some Crowded House and Tom Petty tunes too. I'm all for it!

Forgot about this. Thanks COT!!.....:)

• External Content m.youtube.com

Brilliant

“Without music, life would be a mistake”

• I never knew this was The Stone Poneys with Linda Ronstadt. Didn''t know it was her singing either. Always thought it was someone like Lulu or someone else. Great song!

External Content www.youtube.com

• I never knew this was The Stone Poneys with Linda Ronstadt. Didn''t know it was her singing either. Always thought it was someone like Lulu or someone else. Great song!

External Content www.youtube.com

And written by Mike Nesmith!

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• These guys were the inspiration for the Partridge Family. This might be corny to most of you, but I really dug this song in my youth. I still enjoy it.

External Content m.youtube.com