STEVE HACKETT - The Tokyo Tapes - live album

• Official Post

Despite the fact the album celbrates its 24th release anniversary today - what do you think about this live album?

This is our review from 1998

https://www.genesis-news.com/c…apan-2CD-review-s204.html

cheers

Christian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | BlueSky

Deutsch? Check our German Website

Check out our brand new WhatsApp Channel!

• Haven't played it for ages but I really like it. Nice to hear different versions of classic songs. I don't know who said it first but I think its true that you can tell the quality of a song by how much it tolerates being covered in different styles and i think there's a lot of truth in that. There's not actually much Genesis on it and I think I enjoyed the King Tracks as much as anything. Great musicians working very well together and good to hear Chester working with Steve again.

• One of my favourite live albums. All musicians at the top of their game.

Acoustic version of Heat Of The Moment is excellent.

• I used to own the DVD and watched it often. I loved the mellow take on Firth of Fifth. Also loved Ian McDonald on I Talk to the Wind. Unfortunately I lent it to an online friend who lived several hundred miles away and when he returned it in the mail the video was all fuzzed up. That was the end of that friendship lol.