I Love Calling All Stations (And It Only Took Me Twenty Years)

• Ark 2 by Flaming Youth (featuring both Phil and Ronnie Caryl) is worth checking out if you haven't already heard it. It's interesting to listen to it in relation to From Genesis To Revelation, actually, just to check out what both parties were doing around the same time...and how different it was!

I'm not familiar with Flaming Youth music at all.... Mostly my love is purely Progressive music.. :)

It's interesting point you referenced From Genesis To Revelation on their music. Love this album which most Genesis fans hate. :?:

I would say mainly 90 % of my music is progressive. 8|

:)

• I'm not familiar with Flaming Youth music at all.... Mostly my love is purely Progressive music.. :)

I would say mainly 90 % of my music is progressive. 8|

:)

That's fine; nobody's perfect :D

Flaming Youth (named after line in a Roosevelt speech) only did the one album. Ark 2 is a concept album about humanity having to leave a dying planet behind for a life beyond the stars. It might just satisfy your criteria for progressive music!

• That's fine; nobody's perfect :D

Flaming Youth (named after line in a Roosevelt speech) only did the one album. Ark 2 is a concept album about humanity having to leave a dying planet behind for a life beyond the stars. It might just satisfy your criteria for progressive music!

Your missing out on so much music mate! ;)

Ask COT, genesis1964, slowdancer and NedFalnders123..... Trust me, it's not garbage at all. :)

• Your missing out on so much music mate! ;)

Ask COT, genesis1964, slowdancer and NedFalnders123..... Trust me, it's not garbage at all. :)

Well, I could say that someone who devotes 90 percent of their listening to just one sub-genre of music is also missing out on so much, too!

I love some so-called prog rock bands - Genesis, Pink Floyd, Yes, King Crimson and Van der Graaf Generator - but I can't say my listening tastes are limited to one particular genre.

Anyway, back to Ark 2, I don't know why you assumed, never having heard it, that it wasn't a progressive rock album. It is. And conceptually it's as ambitious as FGTR. Neither albums succeed for me in achieving their aim but it's fun to hear what they were up to at the beginning of their careers.

• Anyway, back to Ark 2, I don't know why you assumed, never having heard it, that it wasn't a progressive rock album. It is. And conceptually it's as ambitious as FGTR. Neither albums succeed for me in achieving their aim but it's fun to hear what they were up to at the beginning of their careers.

You got me intrigued in this Ark 2 album now!!...^^

• You got me intrigued in this Ark 2 album now!!...^^

It's bloomin' awful! I think Phil said that he's personally signed every copy that was bought. It's worth a listen and - like FGTR - there are some good ideas in there but it sounds very dated. It's worth noting that the band themselves didn't come up with the concept; that was the brainchild of Howard and Blaikley (who had written hits for The Honeycombs and Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich).

• It's bloomin' awful! I think Phil said that he's personally signed every copy that was bought. It's worth a listen and - like FGTR - there are some good ideas in there but it sounds very dated. It's worth noting that the band themselves didn't come up with the concept; that was the brainchild of Howard and Blaikley (who had written hits for The Honeycombs and Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich).

I agree, it is very much a product of its time.

The last time I played it which was probably over a decade ago, I recall for some reason being reminded of the band the Fifth Dimension ("Age of Aquarius/Let The Sunshine In").

It's an interesting curiosity item, I'll give it that.