Could Genesis Be Tempted to play Glastonbury?.

• I know that the general consensus on the forum is that Genesis are now over as a touring outfit, but part of me feels that if Glastonbury came knocking for a one off headline slot on maybe a Sunday or the Sunday legend slot they may well be tempted. This would give them a lot of exposure on the Tv Worldwide and thus increase record and cd sales. Does anyone else think this is possibly one of the only reasons another show could happen someday?.

• I know that the general consensus on the forum is that Genesis are now over as a touring outfit, but part of me feels that if Glastonbury came knocking for a one off headline slot on maybe a Sunday or the Sunday legend slot they may well be tempted. This would give them a lot of exposure on the Tv Worldwide and thus increase record and cd sales. Does anyone else think this is possibly one of the only reasons another show could happen someday?.

Absolutely not. They weren't much interested in festival slots while an active touring band, and even during that time it would've been highly unlikely the organisers would've approached them. Now the idea would be beyond pie in the sky even by fantasy standards.

Abandon all reason

• I don't think the members of Genesis are particularly concerned about generating more sales of their catalogue. And if they wanted to play live a bit more, they could have simply extended this recent tour to additional countries and cities. I'm guessing they would far more enjoy play to an audience of fans than a undifferentiated festival crowd.

• Remote I know but not totally out of the question, I Mean nothing is impossible. I don’t know if anyone has every asked them their thoughts about performing at Glastonbury. Especially in the legends slot. I guess that would more likely be suited to Phil Collins on his own.

• Remote I know but not totally out of the question

No, it’s so far beyond unlikely it doesn't even get as possible as 'remote' and yes it is totally out of the question.

There is a chance for the Queen's Jubilee Concert?

At first I assumed this was a joke but now I'm beginning to wonder if you were in fact being serious.

Abandon all reason

• I myself like to believe anything in the World is possible and nothing can be totally written off, that is everything apart from Roger Waters and David Gilmour seeing eye to eye (now that is even further away from possible than this).

But yes BackDrifter your probably correct, nice to discuss it though!.

• I myself like to believe anything in the World is possible and nothing can be totally written off, that is everything apart from Roger Waters and David Gilmour seeing eye to eye (now that is even further away from possible than this).

I think it's more likely Waters and Gilmour will duet together on a cover version of Islands In The Stream, with a cover of the Barney theme tune as the B-side, than Genesis will play Glastonbury. It's equally likely Genesis will play in my back garden this weekend as it is they will play Glastonbury. It is more likely Genesis will play Glastonbury than they will play under a sealed dome on the surface of Io though, so never say never.

• I think it's more likely Waters and Gilmour will duet together on a cover version of Islands In The Stream, with a cover of the Barney theme tune as the B-side, than Genesis will play Glastonbury. It's equally likely Genesis will play in my back garden this weekend as it is they will play Glastonbury. It is more likely Genesis will play Glastonbury than they will play under a sealed dome on the surface of Io though, so never say never.

They're likely to play in your garden ! Where do you live? Can I come?

Given that they are playing below par these days, and they are clearly aware of this, hence the "no live DVD/BR" decision, I'd say that was the reason this would not happen.

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!