Nothing from Abacab again

• I will concede that Abacab is a polarising album, but for the rest I will leave it as we are just going back & forth here. I respect your opinions as I hope you do mine.

I must say I was actually enjoying the back and forth, I think it's the point of a Forum, as long as it's done respectfully and I think it was. Of course I respect your opinion and your desire to stop here.

• I must say I was actually enjoying the back and forth, I think it's the point of a Forum, as long as it's done respectfully and I think it was. Of course I respect your opinion and your desire to stop here.

With all due respect I think these drawn-out back-and-forth discussions can hit the point of diminishing returns after a while. The likelihood of anyone changing anyone else’s mind is virtually nil, and becomes even more so when the discussion is prolonged—it’s not in our nature as human to invest substantial time and effort into such an effort only to throw up our hands and admit rhetorical defeat. Perhaps it’s time for all to say peace and you’re entitled to your opinion.

• With all due respect I think these drawn-out back-and-forth discussions can hit the point of diminishing returns after a while. The likelihood of anyone changing anyone else’s mind is virtually nil, and becomes even more so when the discussion is prolonged—it’s not in our nature as human to invest substantial time and effort into such an effort only to throw up our hands and admit rhetorical defeat. Perhaps it’s time for all to say peace and you’re entitled to your opinion.

You are of course right but personally I never get involved to try and change people's minds, it can't be done and I'm not interested in it, nor do I have any intention to take anything away from the enjoyment people derive from listening to stuff I might not find as interesting, again it can't be done and I wouldn't want to, it's just that the Forum tends to stagnate sometimes, as it is normal for a band that is basically done and nothing against the 'what did you have for dinner' threads but sometimes I enjoy a little debate on the subject matter, the Band and the music. I get your point of the diminishing returns but generally I'm more concerned by the fact that things get out of hand and personal when people get frustrated because they cannot cope with different opinions or their long held views are being shaken. It wasn't the case here and I'm thankful for that.