Feeding the fire

• I have been playing this song so much lately. I have grown to like it very much. I know some fans would have liked to have seen it on the album (Invisible Touch). Great lyrics and the music builds so strongly. It is also one of my favourite singing performances from Phil from the 1980s.

• I like the instrumental bridge. Maybe not as much as other Genesis instrumental stuff, but for me it's part of what makes the good a good one, along with Phil's vocals.

On the "Rearrange the albums" thread, I had included it on IT...

1A) Feeding The Fire

2A) Tonight, Tonight, tonight

3A) Invisible Touch

4A) The Brazilian

1B) Land Of Confusion

2B) Domino

3B) Do The Neurotic

Approximately the same length as the one we got 36 years ago...

• One of my favorite Genesis songs. Has been a steady favorite since I first heard it. The lyrics are typically clunky in the way Banks does but the overall sound, tension, performance and the bridge elevate it for me.

• In my opinion Feeding The Fire remember Hang In Long Enough (slow down) and I Missed Again of Phil Collins.

The soft chorus something of Genesis like Dodo. :/

• Not a bad song from a prog expert!.....😁..... Though it still has those commercial sounds.

I had to dig deep to find this track as it appears on an unreleased album and became an archive, on an extras album I own!...

• Eh?

I agree . . . “Eh?” To me Anything She Does sounds musically like a Phil Collins solo song, with a sideways nod lyrically and somewhat musically to “Everything Little Thing She Does Is Magic.” Feeding the Fire is leaps and bounds more interesting musically and meaningful lyrically than Anything She Does.

• For many More Fool Me too. :/

What, as worst song? Really - "many"? I can't be alone in liking it a lot and thinking how brilliantly it showed their range. I love that a band that produced superb complex rock music like Apocalypse, DWTMK and FoF could also serve up a delicate metrically irregular 3-minute acoustic ballad and give it to the drummer to sing. For me it's one of the things that makes them such a great band.

Abandon all reason

• with a sideways nod lyrically and somewhat musically to “Everything Little Thing She Does Is Magic.”

So apparently I'm not the only one who have noticed it... ;)

What, as worst song? Really - "many"? I can't be alone in liking it a lot and thinking how brilliantly it showed their range. I love that a band that produced superb complex rock music like Apocalypse, DWTMK and FoF could also serve up a delicate metrically irregular 3-minute acoustic ballad and give it to the drummer to sing. For me it's one of the things that makes them such a great band.

:thumbup:

More fool me is great. To me, it sounds a bit like a Roger Hodgson song (and I love Supertramp...).

What I love about Genesis is that it goes from Supper's Ready to Who Dunnit, from Slippermen to Hold On My Heart, etc...

But I like Scenes From A Night's Dream. Probably because I'm French so I don't pay much attention to the lyrics and how they are written (I understand English quite well I think, but still it's not my native tongue, so there's always some kind of "distance", and words don't hit me as hard as in French - it's probably why I can't listen to modern French pop music - I tend to always consider it quite bad, lyrically speaking...

Worst song ? I'll go for Small Talk. The synth used by Banks is awful.

• it's probably why I can't listen to modern French pop music - I tend to always consider it quite bad, lyrically speaking...

Don't know whether you count her in this, one of my favourite artists in the last few years is Christine & the Queens. Starshipper is in my top 10 songs of the last decade, or would be if I bothered to do one.

Worst song ? I'll go for Small Talk. The synth used by Banks is awful.

Oh god yes that's pretty bad and isn't alone on CAS in featuring horrible-sounding synth. The farting-duck solo in Congo makes me cringe every single time. How could he possibly have thought it sounded good?!

Abandon all reason

• I actually feel that Feeding the Fire would fit and sound better on the Genesis album that IT.

Seems to be a song that doesn't suit the pace of IT but perfect for the previous album.