Unintentionally amusing songs

• I thought of this when I heard I Miss You by Blink 182 on the radio. Each time I hear that song I burst out laughing, mainly because of the vocal. It starts off all whiny preppy college boy "I'm the victiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiim" which already has me chuckling but then he goes into this utterly baffling sort of LA fake punk Dick Van Dyke thing "the vooooyyyyyyce insooooyyyyyd mooyyyyy yeeddddd" by which point I'm guffawing.

I also can't help chuckling at Wishbone Ash's Blowin' Free because of "I thought I had a girl/I know, because I've seen her" 😂 OK mate, fair enough!

And of course the classic Jailbreak by Thin Lizzy:

"Tonight there's gonna be a jailbreak

Somewhere in this town..."

Somewhere in this town...? Er... maybe, oh I don't know... the jail?!

Abandon all reason

• Have a nice day - Stereophonics:

"I drive around all day and kill processed fish" - To be honest, I suspect the processing might have seen them off already!

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• I suppose this one has more to do with being reflective of the era in which it was recorded and the later transitions in the lead singer’s career, but “I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in” by Kenny Rogers and the First Edition always cracks me up.

• Phenomenal coincidence about this thread appearing now. I rarely laugh at songs but today - while driving - this ridiculous Sammy Hagar song came on the radio, I Can't Drive 55.

The first line is "One foot on the brake and one on the gas".

I was toodling along bringing my kids to their booster shot thinking what would happen to the car if I simultaneously accelerated and braked and how effing stupid it would be. It doesn't help that it's a big cartoonish rock song. I was doing that thing where you laugh inside, with your body shaking at 'laugh tempo' without actually guffawing, as I didn't want my family to think I was insane.

• Phenomenal coincidence about this thread appearing now. I rarely laugh at songs but today - while driving - this ridiculous Sammy Hagar song came on the radio, I Can't Drive 55.

The first line is "One foot on the brake and one on the gas".

I was toodling along bringing my kids to their booster shot thinking what would happen to the car if I simultaneously accelerated and braked and how effing stupid it would be. It doesn't help that it's a big cartoonish rock song. I was doing that thing where you laugh inside, with your body shaking at 'laugh tempo' without actually guffawing, as I didn't want my family to think I was insane.

Tis a technique used to get maximum acceleration from an old-style automatic car from standstill. Hold the car on the brakes, floor the accelerator, and the engine will spin at the torque convertors stall speed, about 2500 rpm or so. Release the brakes and WHOOOOOSH! Best done in somebody else's car, cos it's not very kind to the brakes, driveshafts or bodywork! ;)

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• Quite a few , I'll post them when I get to recall them! The one that comes to mind is Jailbreak , Thin Lizzy. " Tonight there's gonna be a jailbreak, somewhere in this town" I always think , I wonder where that will be then?

• Quite a few , I'll post them when I get to recall them! The one that comes to mind is Jailbreak , Thin Lizzy. " Tonight there's gonna be a jailbreak, somewhere in this town" I always think , I wonder where that will be then?

Is there an echo in here...?!

And of course the classic Jailbreak by Thin Lizzy:

"Tonight there's gonna be a jailbreak

Somewhere in this town..."

Somewhere in this town...? Er... maybe, oh I don't know... the jail?!

Abandon all reason