9. 09 points - satisfactory + (0) 0%
    10. 07 points - satisfactory - (0) 0%
    11. 06 points - sufficient + (0) 0%
    12. 05 points - sufficient (0) 0%
    13. 04 points - sufficient - (0) 0%
    14. 02 points - poor (0) 0%
    15. 01 points - poor - (0) 0%
    16. 00 points - abysmal (0) 0%

We invite you to share interesting facts and tidbits about this track. Let's look at the track in the context of the band's / the artist's history, at the music, the songwriting and all other aspects that are relevant for this track. Please do stick to the discussion of the track above. Comparisons to other tracks are okay, but remember that the other track you may be keen to talk about has or will have its own Track Of The Week thread. If you spot a mistake or if you can close a gap in the fact sheet above please feel free to contact martinus or Christian about it; we will gladly add and improve!

PHIL COLLINS - All Of My Life
    Year: 1989
    Album: ...But Seriously
    Working title: ?
    Credits: Collins
    Lyrics: Yes
    Length: 4:56
    Musicians: Phil Collins, Steve Winwood, Dominic Miller,
    Played Live: 1990
    Cover versions: (?)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Notes: Every musician somehow comes to terms with parental/father conflicts and losses. Roger Waters did it eloquently, Mike Rutherford with a regretful bitterness, Collins with a gentle regret. All of My Life is one of those songs you can't write until you've lived something. Collins played it live in 1990 - in an interesting version.
  • What a great track. I was just thinking recently that the track listing of BS is a bit off around this song, imo.

Putting Saturday Night after this track seems a bit jarring. And I think the beauty of All of My Life (about his dad) into Father to Son (about his son) and into Find a Way... (about love in general) would've been a really nice closer. Saturday Night really comes at an odd place. Maybe it was to break up the three sad songs...

• I didn't know that this song was dedicated to his children.

I thought It was a balance of his life as it happens at a certain age.

A good ballad, finally with a not-tearful interpretation. ;(

• Official Post

For me, it's probably the most touching song on ...BS

I lost my father quite unexpectedly a few years ago and can really feel what lines such as "playing records upstairs while he watched TV, I didn't spend my time I should" really mean.

So it has grown over the years. A great live version came from the 1990 tour as well.

13pt

• External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Phil Collins- All My Life (traduzione in italiano).

I found this video, and I would like dedicated to all fathers! <3