GENESIS: The Last Domino? Tour rehearsal documentary on arte TV

• Official Post

The Last Domino? Rehearsal documentary from 2021 (the one that was released on DVD in North America only) is now available in the media library of German / French TV station "arte". It may not be accessible everywhere.

https://www.arte.tv/fr/videos/…/genesis-the-last-domino/

• Official Post

The tour doc was released on DVD in North America only. My question for Tony Smith is, will this be released on blu ray in the UK?

they don’t intend to - this was a Kino Lorber thing to promote the tour and they may put this on streaming services like Netflix in the future. So it makes sense to air it in TV stations in Europe first. It was aired in the UK, now France and Germany.

Kino Lorber also only did a DVD - not a blu ray

• I would love for them to release at least a rehearsal CD for this tour - especially songs not recorded on tour like Jesus He Knows Me or Hold On My Heart. Apparently they also practiced Abacab. The entire bootleg from these trials would be needed.

• I would love for them to release at least a rehearsal CD for this tour - especially songs not recorded on tour like Jesus He Knows Me or Hold On My Heart. Apparently they also practiced Abacab. The entire bootleg from these trials would be needed.

IF YOU SPOKE TO PEOPLE, TOOK YOUR TIME TO GET TO KNOW PEOPLE YOU WOULD KNOW THE FOLLOWING. Jesus He Knows Me, failed to get beyond the production rehearsals as late as the Birmingham rehearsals in mid September 2021. This is because Phil's voice couldn't keep up with the pace of the song, which meant the visuals fell behind. SO it was abandoned. This is why you will not hear Jesus from any rehearsals.

TGA

• Genesis Archive- you have judged me unfairly and this is NOT an attempt to intimidate you. :) A simple request, LEGAL. :) I don't remember such a petition. Lots of people have petitioned like this for other bands in the past and there was no problem. :) I respect your work , but I am not the only one who would like something completely new. :) You don't have to put it on the Internet - there may even be a few songs played during rehearsals, not concerts. :) If I was a musician, I would always try to give at least one full video to the fans or a few songs played during rehearsals, but not at concerts. :) But the decision is up to the team. :) As for Jesus He Knows Me - I'd love to hear even the version where Phil couldn't keep up with his voice. Like the other songs :)))))))) I am absolutely not picky. :) Instrumental version fragment with document The Last Domino was FABOLOUS. !!!!!!!! I would also like to point out that, unlike you, I am YOUNG! I bet I'm the YOUNGEST OR ONE OF THE YOUNGEST fans here. It is only recently that I turned 30 and I am from outside England. When Genesis and Phil were most successful, I was NOT IN THE WORLD! How could I help you in sharing concerts that I DO NOT HAVE? I've only been to 2 shows - one Genesis and the other Phil - in 2007 and 2019. I didn't record these shows. Accusations of laziness are just ridiculous. :) I would love to help you in any way. What do you understand about your efforts? I would love to get involved in specific projects related to your team. :))))))))) All you have to do is say. :) From the age of 12- that is, from the age of 18- I am a fan of Genesis! If the price of these attempts would be reasonable, you can think about payment. :)))))) I care about them. :) That's it for my part and please don't judge me like that. :) At my age, from another country and without any contacts with the band, you would do EXACTLY THE SAME. :) I share my scientific texts. :) I look forward to a quiet conversation and no epithets.

I am asking for a calm answer on the level. :)

• Official Post

Hi everybody

I have been out last night and found out about what has happened here in this thread yesterday in the late evening CET. Of course I saw a couple of reports you have made. Thanks for this.

You may have noticed that I have disabled quite a few posts in this thread - for obvious reasons.

I do not want any discussions about other fans and collectors in this forum, no lecturing of people who don't have any insights and especially NO insults against anybody. The language used and what was written in general are cleary a violation of our community standards which left me no choice. I am aware that this was all triggered / started / pushed by one user in this case and we have taken actions here as well.

So, back to topic here.

• Rehearsals would be great to see 😆.

Yes but what all true fans are dying to hear are the fabled recordings of the band having breakfast before rehearsals started. I'd love to mull over the sound of munching, the rustling of museli being shaken into a bowl, the gloop-gloop of milk being poured, clinking of cutlery, slurping of tea and coffee, Rutherford muttering "pass the juice please" etc. And I have it on good authority these recordings really do exist - even including the scraping of butter onto toast (wholewheat, too). Although the claims that we hear the spreading of marmalade - Seville thick cut for Rutherford, lime and lemon for Banks - are widely disputed.

Surely the band and management can see the value of releasing these valuable records of the build-up to the creative process. Sometimes it seems they're simply not interested in the wishes of fans, don't recognise the importance or commercial potential of such material or place any importance on their own legacy. It makes me so MAD!

Abandon all reason

• Yes but what all true fans are dying to hear are the fabled recordings of the band having breakfast before rehearsals started. I'd love to mull over the sound of munching, the rustling of museli being shaken into a bowl, the gloop-gloop of milk being poured, clinking of cutlery, slurping of tea and coffee, Rutherford muttering "pass the juice please" etc. And I have it on good authority these recordings really do exist - even including the scraping of butter onto toast (wholewheat, too). Although the claims that we hear the spreading of marmalade - Seville thick cut for Rutherford, lime and lemon for Banks - are widely disputed.

Surely the band and management can see the value of releasing these valuable records of the build-up to the creative process. Sometimes it seems they're simply not interested in the wishes of fans, don't recognise the importance or commercial potential of such material or place any importance on their own legacy. It makes me so MAD!

😅

Now I want the ten minute long deep house trancey remix of Mike's famous utterance "pass the juice please".

• Available again on arteTV - at least in France and Germany

Genesis - The Last Domino? - Regarder le documentaire complet | ARTE
    Entre confidences émues de ses membres et extraits de leur tournée "The Last Domino?" qui a signé leurs grandes retrouvailles, une plongée dans l’épopée…
    www.arte.tv

cheers

Christian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | BlueSky

Deutsch? Check our German Website

Check out our brand new WhatsApp Channel!