Genesis remixes and CD versions question.

• I am liking what I hear on spotify with the remixes that were done on the genesis catalogue and want to replace some of my 'original' CD's - can anyone confirm that all the stereo CD (not SACD) re-issues from around 2006/7 onwards are the remixed versions? and the recent 'the last domino' compilation is also all remixed tracks?

I just want to be sure before making any purchases - thanks.

(No wish to spark a debate on what's better..... please)

• The remixes all come in CD cases with clear CD holding panels that allow you to read the words "200x Digital Remaster and Stereo Mix" so you can't miss 'em! I don't know about the "last domino" as I don't have it, but I'd assume so, the R-Kive ones were.

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• In Genesis- Turn It On Again: Hits, there are many radio edit songs that sound better, e.g. Abacab or Tonight Tonight Tonight.

Also Watcher Of The Skyes single 45. :/

• I'm confused about all this. The SACD boxes play in both surround and stereo on standard players. I thought the CDs issues since then were the stereo version of the SACD. Am I wrong? And box set vinyl re issues? They must be the same mixes as the newer CDs which as I say I thought are the stereo mixes of the SACD. Or is there a difference?

• I'm confused about all this. The SACD boxes play in both surround and stereo on standard players. I thought the CDs issues since then were the stereo version of the SACD. Am I wrong? And box set vinyl re issues? They must be the same mixes as the newer CDs which as I say I thought are the stereo mixes of the SACD. Or is there a difference?

No - you are correct. They are the same stereo version across the multiple formats.

What the original poster may be alluding to is that the hybrid SACDs of each album (along with its companion DVD) were once briefly available separately from the boxsets. He just wants the regular single CDs of the albums in question. Those came out a little later and are what are easily found now.

Stepping out the back way, hoping nobody sees...

• No - you are correct. They are the same stereo version across the multiple formats.

What the original poster may be alluding to is that the hybrid SACDs of each album (along with its companion DVD) were once briefly available separately from the boxsets. He just wants the regular single CDs of the albums in question. Those came out a little later and are what are easily found now.

Thanks