Your latest music acquisition.

• As is my wont, I got the new Protomartyr album on vinyl after streaming it a bunch and finding it to be absolutely brilliant.

I also got the new Smashing Pumpkins album, Atum, in a bumper vinyl box set. It came with 5 7" discs that had ten extra songs, not available elsewhere. Those songs are brilliant, very lo-fi and psychedelic compared to the main album. Incidentally I think Corgan genuinely prefers releases this way and trying to stimulate people towards vinyl. I saw the band in Napa a few months ago, and while I was there I went to a record store. The owner said Billy had been in the day before and bought a few hundred bucks worth of records - all different stuff. The guy got a photo with him and said he was the nicest individual, really down to earth. I thought it was cool that he would give a big chunk of custom to a small local business like that, and figure he probably does it often.

It's all made me want to upgrade my turntable, but in truth I have no time to listen to them that way, and if I did I can't blare it on speakers anyway 😞.

• As is my wont, I got the new Protomartyr album on vinyl after streaming it a bunch and finding it to be absolutely brilliant.

I also got the new Smashing Pumpkins album, Atum, in a bumper vinyl box set. It came with 5 7" discs that had ten extra songs, not available elsewhere. Those songs are brilliant, very lo-fi and psychedelic compared to the main album. Incidentally I think Corgan genuinely prefers releases this way and trying to stimulate people towards vinyl. I saw the band in Napa a few months ago, and while I was there I went to a record store. The owner said Billy had been in the day before and bought a few hundred bucks worth of records - all different stuff. The guy got a photo with him and said he was the nicest individual, really down to earth. I thought it was cool that he would give a big chunk of custom to a small local business like that, and figure he probably does it often.

It's all made me want to upgrade my turntable, but in truth I have no time to listen to them that way, and if I did I can't blare it on speakers anyway 😞.

I vary between vinyl and CD. 27 of my 33 Hawkwind albums are on vinyl. That Hawkwind album I posted was an impulse buy , they didn't have the vinyl , now regretting after less than 24 hours. I guess I'm going to have to fork out even more.