Release bootlegs with rehearsals Genesis

• Listening to a short bootleg from the rehearsals for the 1992 Genesis tour, where you could hear a great version of Way Of The World and Domino, some Genesis fans started to think about enjoying more bootlegs from our favorite band's rehearsals in the future. This is why good idea is to make a form of "collective letter" signed by as many Genesis fans as possible to get all the bootlegs - or at least some - of the trials from the 1970s to today released. Note that apart from the 1978, 1983, 1992, 2007 partial bootlegs and a few 2020 tracks, we don't have any recordings of the Genesis rehearsals. The request would be forwarded to Tony Smith by someone who is friends with the band and could try to convince them to release at least one full rehearsal bootleg for each tour. I mean especially songs not played at concerts such as Living Forever from 1992, Do The Neurothic from 1986, Jesus He Knows Me from 2007 and 2020, Abacab from 2007, In Too Deep from 2007, The Carpet Crawlers from 1986- and many others. It is important that at least some of these bootlegs from the rehearsals are released. How will you respond to such an idea? I know you will probably say that there is no chance for that - I am skeptical myself- 20, 30% chance. However, I think it does not hurt to try, and I think that if many fans are in favor of such a solution, Tony Smith and the band may consider this step. At this moment is 40 signed votes so far.

https://www.change.org/p/relea…m_campaign=share_petition

• I think that if it is hard to get them to release existing multitrack concerts and soundboard tapes, it might be even harder to get them to release rehearsal tapes. They don't have a lot of interest in mining their history now.

That said, they did release that one-camera video of a Mama tour rehearsal, which I found fascinating. So one can always hope.

• Thank you Dr John for your response. :) It is not a desire to "force" - but to encourage, emphasize that fans are waiting for it. I bet no one has done such a collective "petition" yet. :))))))))))))))) Interview with them is different - and the "request" of the fans is another. Let's try. It will be successful - it will not. :) But let's have a clear conscience that we tried.

• Pawciob1,

You bet wrong. In 2001 when the Official Genesis website was rebirthed and an official forum appeared, the webmaster at the time did indeed poll people to see what the demand level was like. Sadly it was not sufficient enough for the management to be convinced that such a project was worth it.

At the time, there was talk on basing any Genesis project on the project that King Crimson was running at the time.

Bill, the former webmaster put a lot of effort into this. There was even a filmed interview with Genesis technical guy Geoff Callingham discussing how they were transferring the board cassette tapes, (not be confused with multi track tapes).

Nothing came of the project, Genesis management will not be bullied or shamed into such a project. All projects have to have a budget and a sales/marketing plan. If those figures are not enough, then the feasibility study concludes its not worth the investment and the profit if any is not enough.

The IT Genesis fan club / Magazine has enough experience to manage such a poll or petition itself. It certainly does not need another newbie trying to leverage any pressure.

TGA

• All spot on, but the last paragraph is unnecessarily harsh.