GENESIS live in Hannover 1987 on YouTube

• Official Post

The first hour of the 1987 show in Hannover's Niedersachsenstadion has appeared:

enjoy

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

cheers

Christian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | BlueSky

Deutsch? Check our German Website

Check out our brand new WhatsApp Channel!

• I know. I've seen it, in fact I think you posted it on the board a while back.

I didn't make my comment above on the basis of not having seen that segment before, nor am I confused - on seeing this video posted I decided to watch Cage etc there and then. I'll be watching the rest of it at some point. I echo Harold's comment, it doesn't look too bad.

Abandon all reason

• inferior copy? It looks quite good...

Yeah, our original copy is excellent. The ones we traded were not bad, but this one uploaded by someone to do with the Genesis fanzine TWR, looks very low res.

Still, because of the way this has been leaked from the private pool. All other private recordings have been locked back into the vault.

TGA

• Yeah, our original copy is excellent. The ones we traded were not bad, but this one uploaded by someone to do with the Genesis fanzine TWR, looks very low res.

Still, because of the way this has been leaked from the private pool. All other private recordings have been locked back into the vault.

TGA

And there we have it!

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• And there we have it!

foxfeeder, anyone can set up a facebook group and claim that they are doing it for the fans, putting in the time etc.

But some of us go the extra mile, make acquaintances and learn how things work. Why should people who make a real effort, not enjoy the spoils.

Bare in mind, there are Canadian's, American's, German's, Italian's, British, Scottish and some French collectors that have some exceptionally rare stuff. But they will not even release a clip, we made the effort with In The Cage from Hannover years ago. The thanks we got? Some entitled nobodies from Leeds and an alleged Superfan from Liverpool trying to get their grubby mitts on it.

So you'll forgive me if I am quite angry at this time.

TGA

• Not sure if you'll get to read this, but I wonder how you get to judge who are entitled nobodies or alledged Superfans? The latter being the point that drew my "there it is" comment above.

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• I find this thread very, very confusing. I don't know any of the individuals involved personally, nor have I made any effort beyond scouring the old torrents back in the day, and doing a tiny handful of snail mail trades off the old old music boards, to acquire whatever super rare material exists (I wouldn't even know what to look for. Recordings of soundchecks of tracks we don't even know they rehearsed?). So the very existence of such a thing as a superfan that has somehow acquired a trove of riches that highly devoted but somewhat regular fans has barely heard of and will never see or hear, is hard for me to understand. If I was in possession of such material myself, I would spray it from the rooftops into the eyes and ears of anyone who cared enough to be interested (as long as the band was cool with it). The biggest hurdle for me would be converting it into high quality shareable format.

I'm not judging. I just don't understand.

• I meant among others about songs for example Living Forever or Do The Neurothic, which were played during rehearsals, but not at concerts :) To this day, we do not know if the songs that were not played at concerts were also practiced on other tours - that's what I meant. :) I just wish the band would release it sometime. :) I see the chance on average, but you can always try. :) Let's not pursue this topic anymore - let's be happy about this video in Hannover because it's really great. :)

• I meant among others about songs for example Living Forever or Do The Neurothic, which were played during rehearsals, but not at concerts :) To this day, we do not know if the songs that were not played at concerts were also practiced on other tours - that's what I meant. :) I just wish the band would release it sometime. :) I see the chance on average, but you can always try. :) Let's not pursue this topic anymore - let's be happy about this video in Hannover because it's really great. :)

While I think hearing rehearsals would be cool, I think it is far less likely to see such releases. More likely would be great live performances that are unreleased and as has been mentioned, the band and management don't seem interested in pursuing even this further. Nonetheless, there is lots of stuff already available and we can't have everything.

• Of course, I agree with Dr. John that you also need full live recordings. :) This also really needs in the future. As for the rehearsals - there may be at least some of the songs. Of course, I can't always have everything - but it's important that you have anything else extra. Just by waiting motionless, we achieve little in any matters of life too. :) Similar requests from fans to musicians were sent to musicians many times in Poland and they were often effective - or partially effective. But here in this forum, so as not to cause next argue, I will not write about it. :) Anyone who wants to sign the petition- invite. Who doesn't- ok. I am closing this topic on this forum. :)

• I feel for the 30 year old Genesis fan in the thread 😀.

I'm 41.

Older dudes and dudettes: the younger guys and gals who discover this magical band will never ever get to experience them in their prime. Give them what they come here seeking, please.

• I feel for the 30 year old Genesis fan in the thread 😀.

I'm 41.

Older dudes and dudettes: the younger guys and gals who discover this magical band will never ever get to experience them in their prime. Give them what they come here seeking, please.

61 here (and I have the acid reflux to prove it—damn affliction woke me up 3 times last night). Lucky enough to have seen the band on their 1982 tour when they were at their absolute peak as a tight and powerful band.

• 61 here (and I have the acid reflux to prove it—damn affliction woke me up 3 times last night). Lucky enough to have seen the band on their 1982 tour when they were at their absolute peak as a tight and powerful band.

80-84 was indeed their live peak. No exaggeration to say they were astonishing on stage at that point. The energy they especially brought to the 70s material was thrilling. I too am happy to have seen them 3 times during that phase, like you including 82 and got to experience that final full-length Supper's Ready in its full glory - and it was glorious.

As for the acid reflux, oh mate that's rough.

Abandon all reason

• 80-84 was indeed their live peak. No exaggeration to say they were astonishing on stage at that point. The energy they especially brought to the 70s material was thrilling. I too am happy to have seen them 3 times during that phase, like you including 82 and got to experience that final full-length Supper's Ready in its full glory - and it was glorious.

As for the acid reflux, oh mate that's rough.

I listen to some show or another from the 82 tour several times a week. Guess you can say I’m OCD about that tour lol. I listened to Shepton Mallet a couple of days ago and was BLOWN AWAY by their performance of Supper’s Ready at that gig. Absolutely magnificent.

• first genesis show was Hammersmith 82. Aged 15 at the time...still remember a stunning show. Of course at the time had no idea that were at their peak...subjectively of course ! Had the boot for saratoga springs, which was played to death at the time