GENESIS live in Hannover 1987 on YouTube

• I listened to Shepton Mallet a couple of days ago and was BLOWN AWAY by their performance of Supper’s Ready at that gig. Absolutely magnificent.

...and that's the show I went to on that tour! The 17yo me will be among the cheers and applause you hear.

The impact of the break into Sanctuary Man, and the whole of Apocalypse, was mindblowing.

Abandon all reason

• In this respect I envy you, although I hate this feature very much in myself and in others hahaha. :) I was also 15 when I was at the Genesis concert, but in 2007 in Chorzów. :) You surely know how it rained and there was a storm - so I will not tell you about it. But I suspect being at a Genesis gig in the 80's and 90's was even more of an experience. :))) You really have a souvenir for life and even after 40 or 50 years these memories are present.

• first genesis show was Hammersmith 82. Aged 15 at the time...still remember a stunning show. Of course at the time had no idea that were at their peak...subjectively of course ! Had the boot for saratoga springs, which was played to death at the time

Hammersmith 82 is on YouTube. It’s a fantastic show!

• Spare a thought for those of us who never, and will never, see them. My husband did (1977). We do our best. I left the Mark (Knopfler) In Time forum because all they ever did was boast about how often they had seen him. At least I did see him. At least people here for the most part don't boast but all the claiming special knowledge stuff is a bit much sometimes.

• This isn't bragging and I feel sorry for those who could never attend a concert of their favorite singers. Only nostalgia took us, which is perfectly normal here - especially in people who remember Genesis at its peak. For example, I was not in the world in 1987 - so it's nice to read when someone was already at a concert of either Genesis- or Phil. For such people, watching a performance after 30-40 years is a great experience. :) However, we have absolutely no bad intentions. :)

• This isn't bragging and I feel sorry for those who could never attend a concert of their favorite singers. Only nostalgia took us, which is perfectly normal here - especially in people who remember Genesis at its peak. For example, I was not in the world in 1987 - so it's nice to read when someone was already at a concert of either Genesis- or Phil. For such people, watching a performance after 30-40 years is a great experience. :) However, we have absolutely no bad intentions. :)

I didn't say there were any bad intentions. Of course there aren't. The way I look at it is I have seen three out of the five from the classic lineup, including Steve twice. That counts for something.

• I am very glad that you had the opportunity to see them at the concert at least once. :)))))))))))))) For sure it was also an important experience for you. :) It is different to watch a concert at home - and differently live. :)

• Hammersmith 82 is on YouTube. It’s a fantastic show!

Hi. Yes have this show as well..can probably hear me when SR announced.! Think the saratoga and the Marquee boots are better quality recordings though

The Marquee show still has one of fav heckles of 'don't want to hear it' when Phil introduces MOTC..😆

• Hi. Yes have this show as well..can probably hear me when SR announced.! Think the saratoga and the Marquee boots are better quality recordings though

The Marquee show still has one of fav heckles of 'don't want to hear it' when Phil introduces MOTC..😆

Match Of The C............?

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• I would also like there to be a video like the one from Hannover - and many more. But what some also tried in the past - about 20 years ago - to fight with the management of the band for a video release - and they rather failed. I would of course try again, because despite my love for Genesis, the issue of releasing videos from the concerts is below criticism. But I understand those people who don't want to fight anymore. Therefore, I sincerely believe that only "collective petitions" can help convince the team to release anything. Not single people.

• Hi. Yes have this show as well..can probably hear me when SR announced.! Think the saratoga and the Marquee boots are better quality recordings though

Ok, a disclaimer before I comment: I’m obsessed with the 1982 tour. It’s by far my favorite. In some ways I agree that the Saratoga and the Marquee boots are better (clarity of vocals). However to me the audience and certain instruments (drums in particular) on the Saratoga boot are too muffled (that tends to happen at times with soundboard recordings). The issue I have with the Marquee boot is more with the band’s performance that night. In my opinion it may be Mike’s worst ever guitar solo at the end of Abacab; Apocalypse in 9/8 is played at a very plodding pace; they messed up the Lamb jazz-rock outro so badly that they bailed on it almost immediately and transitioned to Watcher much sooner than at any other show on that tour. My personal favorite bootlegs from that tour are Shepton Mallet, Hammersmith, Montreal, and Columbia, Maryland.

• Match Of The C............?

Man on the corner

not heard the columbia boot, will check it out. Do agree with some of the Marquee gig, due to the nature of the show, it does feel like the boys are having a night off, and not taking too serious! ...the 1981 frankfurt boot is another great show but alas no SR

• Columbia is B+ audio quality, but it’s got an ultra-cool moment during the break toward the end of A in 9/8 where you can hear someone say to a friend “That’s niiiiice” 😎 Also Phil does his long, off-color Romeo and Juliet introduction to Supper’s Ready, and the crowd is really into it. For the sake of full disclosure, that’s the show I attended on that tour, so I I do have many special memories of that particular concert.

• I love when rare footage leaks out. The Movement site is so awesome. Although that Coppola guy is a total jerk.

Have to disagree there. Have met Coppola on a few occasions and shared many a good chat. Up until recent times he was the one who shared the most and many from his own personal collection.

“Without music, life would be a mistake”