G2 Definitive Genesis

• Got tickets for ‘G2 - Definitive Genesis’ playing in Putney, London later this month. I’ve never seen them before so no idea what it’ll be like. I’ll try and take some short vids for you guys, if anyone’s interested

~ My talents may not be obvious but they are always...always...delicious! ~

• Now. I AM excited!!!💥

You should be! ^^

If they do the same/similar setlist, they start with the "Duke" era (for my show, it was TIOA) and work backwards chronologically to the "Trespass" era (they did "the Knife" for sure; I can't remember if they did any more off of it). The singer (he looks like the same one that I saw perform) looks a bit like Phil and sings like him as well - he does a decent Gabriel-ish impression for the 5-man era; however, expect more of a "Seconds Out"-sounding performance for the earlier songs.

They are well worth seeing. :thumbup:

Stepping out the back way, hoping nobody sees...

• Couldn’t be more perfect for me as my interest in the band starts and ends with both those albums. I’m a 70s boy at heart and altho’ Duke was released in March 1980, the song writing occurred Sep-Dec ‘79.

I can’t frikkin’ wait! 💥

• As promised, here is the set list of ‘G2: Definitive Genesis’ from last night’s gig in Putney, London. The band performed this concert despite losing their lead singer to cancer only last week. It was a raw emotional gig, performed as a tribute to their ‘Absent Friend’, the track of which formed an especially poignant part of the encore. A special mention must be given to the vocalist here who deserves our utmost respect as he attended every single gig the band have played over recent months just in case their original singer, Tel, felt unable to complete the gig due to the effects of the chemotherapy he was receiving .

Here’s last night’s set-list.

• G2 Genesis - Deep in the Motherlode (extract)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• G2 Genesis - Watcher of the Skies (extract)

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• G2 Definitive Genesis - One for the Vine (Hackett solo)

• G2 Definitive Genesis - Firth of Fifth (piano intro)

• G2 Definitive Genesis- Firth of Fifth (Hackett solo)

• G2 Definitive Genesis- Cinema Show (finale)

• Hello,

Haven't logged into the forum for ages, so only just seen this.

Thank you for the kind words. It was, as you said, a difficult gig for us, but we were proud to do the show as a celebration of Terry's time with the band.

We were at The Half Moon again at the beginning of the month (too late to tell you now!), but after a sell out show then they've asked us back on Friday 30th August.

Maybe see you there!

Details (for this one and our other shows) can be found on http://www.g2online.co.uk/showdates.htm

Piers.

• Just like to say I really enjoyed the G2 performance at Bury Met last saturday (30th Oct)! Great set list, fabulous musicianship! Only down side was several 'blokes' who constantly went to the bar and therefore the loo throughout the show (one even got up at the climax of 'Supper's Ready', fer' chrissakes!!!