Football Predictions League 2022-23 Week 1

• Well here we go again with the start of a new football season. Let’s see how good we are at predicting results this year (assuming there is interest!). Sorry I forgot to start this earlier.

If you want a prize at the end of it there are plenty of competitions available on the internet, this is purely for fun and enjoyment. Because of time constraints this is limited to a max of 8 (priority given to those who have played before).

Rules are the same as before. 3 points for an exact correct score and 1 point for predicting the correct winner or draw but not exactly the correct score. Eight matches to predict each week. Since most people are familiar with the Premier league this will be made up of 6 Premier league and 2 Championship matches (occasionally this will change in the event of a week that is taken over by European matches or FA Cup matches).

Enjoy

Week 1 (Aug 20-22) - we will start with 2 bumper double weeks to help catch up with the 2 missed weeks

Tottenham v Wolves

Crystal Palace v Aston Villa

Everton v Nottm Forest

Fulham v Brentford

Leicester v Southampton

Bournemouth v Arsenal

Leeds v Chelsea

West Ham v Brighton

Newcastle v Man City

Man Utd v Liverpool

Birmingham v Wigan

Preston v Watford

QPR v Rotherham

Sheff Utd v Blackburn

Stoke v Sunderland

West Brom v Hull

“Without music, life would be a mistake”

• Well here we go again with the start of a new football season. Let’s see how good we are at predicting results this year (assuming there is interest!). Sorry I forgot to start this earlier.

Enjoy

Week 1 (Aug 20-22) - we will start with 2 bumper double weeks to help catch up with the 2 missed weeks

Think I know the results of the first 2 weeks 😂

Was wondering if you would start this again :). Noticed you've been a little quiet as of late. Nice to have this back for another season ;)

• Think I know the results of the first 2 weeks 😂

Was wondering if you would start this again :). Noticed you've been a little quiet as of late. Nice to have this back for another season ;)

Been taking time out from all things internet related but slowly coming back

• Been taking time out from all things internet related but slowly coming back

I sometimes go through those phases myself. ;). I don't use Facebook, so use this platform to share news or receive information about music or news in general.

• Well done to you for your commitment in running this, it's much appreciated by all.

That said, the above makes me relieved I won't be taking part this season. In the last couple of months of last season it was starting to feel like a chore. I started off enjoying it though! Thanks again for doing it.

By the way, I was wandering around possibly mere metres away from you these last couple of weeks during my Edinburgh Fringe trip. My accommodation on Lothian Road meant I often strode along the edge of the Meadows on my way to Summerhall or Southside where the bulk of my shows were. That route or Bread Street to Lauriston Place were very quick and handy from the apartment. I was actually staying above the Odeon, just above the big blue 'ODEON' sign. Leaning out of the window and waving at tourists on the open top deck of tour buses I must have looked like I lived in a cinema. With a bit of effort, and some tools, and being far more nimble than I am, I could have got myself a big blue O, or a D, or an E, or another O, or even an N.

Abandon all reason

• This is also much appreciated by me, G64.

It has been pointed out that if Man Utd beat Liverpool this weekend, Man Utd will actually be above Liverpool in the table despite their poor start. So YNWA Liverpool, you can do it.

Tottenham 3-2 Wolves

Crystal Palace 1-0 Aston Villa

Everton 1-2 Nottm Forest

Fulham 0-2 Brentford

Leicester 2-0 Southampton

Bournemouth 1-3 Arsenal

Leeds 0-2 Chelsea

West Ham 0-1 Brighton

Newcastle 1-3 Man City

Man Utd 0-3 Liverpool

Birmingham 2-0 Wigan

Preston 1-2 Watford

QPR 0-1 Rotherham

Sheff Utd 2-1 Blackburn

Stoke 1-0 Sunderland

West Brom 0-2 Hull

• Tottenham 2-1 Wolves

Crystal Palace 1-0 Aston Villa

Everton 1-2 Nottm Forest

Fulham 0-2 Brentford

Leicester 2-1 Southampton

Bournemouth 1-3 Arsenal

Leeds 1-2 Chelsea

West Ham 2-1 Brighton

Newcastle 1-3 Man City

Man Utd 1-2 Liverpool

Birmingham 2-0 Wigan

Preston 1-2 Watford

QPR 0-1 Rotherham

Sheff Utd 2-1 Blackburn

Stoke 2-1 Sunderland

West Brom 1-2 Hull

• Well done to you for your commitment in running this, it's much appreciated by all.

That said, the above makes me relieved I won't be taking part this season. In the last couple of months of last season it was starting to feel like a chore. I started off enjoying it though! Thanks again for doing it.

By the way, I was wandering around possibly mere metres away from you these last couple of weeks during my Edinburgh Fringe trip. My accommodation on Lothian Road meant I often strode along the edge of the Meadows on my way to Summerhall or Southside where the bulk of my shows were. That route or Bread Street to Lauriston Place were very quick and handy from the apartment. I was actually staying above the Odeon, just above the big blue 'ODEON' sign. Leaning out of the window and waving at tourists on the open top deck of tour buses I must have looked like I lived in a cinema. With a bit of effort, and some tools, and being far more nimble than I am, I could have got myself a big blue O, or a D, or an E, or another O, or even an N.

Hope you have enjoyed the festival. The famous Odeon sign, I know it well. I have not seen anything yet at the festival but my eldest son has been at shows each day in between work. I was surprised how expensive some of the shows are.....

• I was surprised how expensive some of the shows are

I don't think they're too bad generally although the higher-profile comedians' shows can be pricey. Part of the reason I usually attend for the first week or so is that many shows charge lower preview prices, and seeing as many as I do the savings add up - I can end up paying over £60 less than full price.

Anyway, I'm distracting - football etc, eh?

Abandon all reason

• Anyway, I'm distracting - football etc, eh?

Tottenham 2-1 Wolves

Crystal Palace 1-2 Aston Villa

Everton 1-1 Nottm Forest

Fulham 2-2 Brentford

Bournemouth 0-2 Arsenal

Leeds 1-2 Chelsea

West Ham 1-1 Brighton

Newcastle 1-3 Man City

Man Utd 0-2 Liverpool

Birmingham 2-1 Wigan

Preston 2-1 Watford

QPR 0-1 Rotherham

Sheff Utd 2-1 Blackburn

Stoke 1-1 Sunderland

West Brom 0-2 Hull

• Tottenham 2-1 Wolves

Crystal Palace 1-1 Aston Villa

Everton 2-0 Nottm Forest

Fulham 2-1 Brentford

Bournemouth 0-3 Arsenal

Leeds 0-2 Chelsea

West Ham 2-1 Brighton

Newcastle 1-3 Man City

Man Utd 1-3 Liverpool

Birmingham 2-1 Wigan

Preston 1-1 Watford

QPR 2-1 Rotherham

Sheff Utd 1-1 Blackburn

Stoke 1-2 Sunderland

West Brom 1-1 Hull

• Oops. I missed the first week. Well, I can comfort myself that I would have probably scored 0 points anyway 😀. I'm in for week two, and looking forward to the challenge of starting with a self inflicted deficit.

And want to echo big thanks to genesis1964 for running it.

Edit: Ah, there's a Monday game.

Man Utd 0-4 Liverpool

• Don't be surprised that we might all do badly!....;)

Plenty of time to catch up :)

I missed several weeks a couple of years back and still managed to come 3rd.

• Well, it wasn't that bad, but it was awful for Liverpool. I am just baffled.