Version Living Forever with rehearsals in 1992

• But remember these were just rehearsals. We really have nothing to complain about - the video and sound quality are great. :))) The first video of Living Forever in 30 years - it was given by the wife of the cameraman who died on COVID (we don't know when), who shot this video in 1992. We look forward to the next one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe he doesn't have any more.

• Fantastic video. Is Land Of Confusion, No Son Of Mine and almost full version Driving The Last Spike live. :) Furthermore is a lot of interesting pictures... computers from 1992, the work of English workers in the 19th century, shown in the video Driving The Last Spike - or Phil's short harmonica playing hahahaha. A really great Christmas present was given to us by David, a great film. The only drawback is the lack of other tracks, but it doesn't really matter. :)

• Was a great watch for sure.

More is always welcome, this was great.

In the interview I thought he was going to ask about what they would do next but I think Mike took that away from Phil so we never got Phils thoughts perhaps back.then.

It's a shame they never did one more album.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

thanks for sharing. Saw this earlier today on YouTube. Still wonder if footage from other tracks exists, i.e. Way of the world ...?

• The person who posted this wrote that there is no Way Of The World from this rehearsal - but we don't know if there are any other recordings from other tours or other rehearsals from 1992. This man gave us a lot of fun but he is completely unpredictable hahaha . I thought that there was nothing else - and here you are. After New Years I'll try to ask what else he has.

• Official Post

The person who posted this wrote that there is no Way Of The World from this rehearsal - but we don't know if there are any other recordings from other tours or other rehearsals from 1992. This man gave us a lot of fun but he is completely unpredictable hahaha . I thought that there was nothing else - and here you are. After New Years I'll try to ask what else he has.

well, if there is a recording from that very day and they didn't do Way Of The World, then there probably is no Way Of The World footage. This long before digital cameras were normal and any video recording was quite a commitment, logistically. So I won't hold my breath.

• I would be interested in the Chillingfold rehearsal’s from 1992 both audio and video. There are hidden recordings out there of the audio and the band may have footage of video since it was on opening night special.

• It's hard for me to say - in my opinion, the band or the Concord company have recordings of rehearsals. Besides, in 2004, Phil wrote in some chat room that he had EVERY Genesis audio sample recorded. Hard to believe, but that's what it said. There will probably be more live releases in the future - but when? I do not know. It's really hard to say. I bet by the end of 2024.

• Official Post

It's hard for me to say - in my opinion, the band or the Concord company have recordings of rehearsals. Besides, in 2004, Phil wrote in some chat room that he had EVERY Genesis audio sample recorded. Hard to believe, but that's what it said. There will probably be more live releases in the future - but when? I do not know. It's really hard to say. I bet by the end of 2024.

The Concord deal included recorded music. I doubt it also includes live recordings, especially unreleased.

• 1992 Available Songs from Rehearsals

Land of Confusion

No Son of Mine

Driving The Last Spike

Living Forever

Throwing it all Away

Way of the World

Hold on My Heart

Domino

I Cant Dance

Tonight, Tonight, Tonight

Invisible Touch

Turn it on Again

I know there was a 3CD set from chiddingfold which as I remember had Living Forever, Tell Me Why, Way of the World, Mama and Carpet Crawlers on it together with a usual full WCD set. I dont have it before you ask!

• UPDATE: From what I am led to believe... the "Hidden" trading pool does not contain the Chiddingfold rehearsals, these were held by one person who claims not to have them anymore. The hidden trading pool does contain a full video from the private collection of Brad Lentz from May 1992 of the Full Dress Rehearsal. This is a standard set of the WCD tour but does include MAMA.

There are a number of 2007 IEM recordings of rehearsals from Cossonay in circulation together with 3 IEM recordings that were made in January 2020 in NYC of rehearsals there. Again... I dont have them - just passing on information I was given.

I wish people would share these things. Lots of water under the bridge since 1992 etc.

• I know there was a 3CD set from chiddingfold which as I remember had Living Forever, Tell Me Why, Way of the World, Mama and Carpet Crawlers on it together with a usual full WCD set. I dont have it before you ask!

Woah. Has this ever been available in any format or was there 1 copy that's lost? What's the story here? Would love to hear it.

Edit: what is the hidden trading pool? Apologies for my ignorance.

• ... what is the hidden trading pool? Apologies for my ignorance.

I assume this is in reference to a pool of collectors who have rarities and only trade among themselves.

I recall back in the day being a bit irked by what seemed to me an elitist attitude adopted by some collectors.

But it was once explained to me that rare recordings were used as leverage to obtain other rare recordings, and if they “got out,” they would lose their value as a trading commodity.

I also recall some stating that these recordings were given by individuals close to the band and they were simply honouring requests not to share those recordings — or at least apparently not outside of an exclusive circle.

• You know - I understand everything, really. But 30 years have passed. More. It certainly has commercial value, but wouldn't it be better to put these CDs on the internet and pay for them? Damn! I would and a lot of fans would too. They would make money and the fans would be happy. Therefore, forgive me - but I do not understand that they do not want to let it go public. Yes, no young fan of the band will ever hear that. An offer is made - these CDs cost so much, please pay. I don't understand this extreme stubbornness, especially since rehearsal songs are a nightmare!

• It wouldn't lose any value if they just put a price on it, put it on Amazon and that's it. I'm not saying that all recordings are free. People can save money and pay. But no. I don't get that. For me, this is the attitude of collectors who are already advanced in age, who patronize others, younger - and from other countries - because they consider themselves to be the elite.

• You know - I understand everything, really. But 30 years have passed. More. It certainly has commercial value, but wouldn't it be better to put these CDs on the internet and pay for them? Damn! I would and a lot of fans would too. They would make money and the fans would be happy. Therefore, forgive me - but I do not understand that they do not want to let it go public. Yes, no young fan of the band will ever hear that. An offer is made - these CDs cost so much, please pay. I don't understand this extreme stubbornness, especially since rehearsal songs are a nightmare!

Does it really have commercial value? How many people out there do you think would buy a CD/album/download of a band's rehearsals?

I'm an avid collector of all things Genesis, but I'm not sure I'd even have interest in something like this.

• A lot. :)))))))) The group of fans on Facebook alone has 30,000 people. One! Did you see how many people watched the rehearsal video for the 1992 tour? 97 thousand. So that should give you something to think about. :)