And Then There Were Three Display

• Hello everyone, I’m new here. I’m not sure if this is a good place to ask this, but I got this big display poster for the And Then There Were Three album from a local antique store years ago, if you can see by the picture it’s not in the best shape, but I was wondering since I can’t find any information online if anyone knows if this is valuable or worth anything? If I need to post better pictures I can I’m just trying to find any information I can on this. Thanks!

• I know about the cover art. This is a display which probably hung in some music store so I'm just trying to find more info on it, is it rare or valuable in any way? I can't find much online about it at the moment. Any help is appreciated thanks.

• I know about the cover art. This is a display which probably hung in some music store so I'm just trying to find more info on it, is it rare or valuable in any way? I can't find much online about it at the moment. Any help is appreciated thanks.

Seems to me highly unlikely there are many of these hanging around in people's attics so, in that sense, it could be termed rare.

But unless you can see similar items changing hands on the likes of eBay, it's going to be hard to put a value on it. Realistically, it's one of those things that is basically worth only what somebody else is prepared to pay for it.

If you can find another Genesis fan who has always wanted one, you're potentially in luck!

• Nice, I hadn't seen that explanation of the cover before. Thanks!

Agreed, interesting to read about the cover concept. The funny thing is I'd always had a vague notion of what they were trying to convey.

I still think the man on the left with his hat tipped over his eyes seems to have PC's mouth.

Re Motherlode, has this reviewer got a copy of the album with an alternative version that "starts with rumbling drums"?!

Abandon all reason

• Seems to me highly unlikely there are many of these hanging around in people's attics so, in that sense, it could be termed rare.

But unless you can see similar items changing hands on the likes of eBay, it's going to be hard to put a value on it. Realistically, it's one of those things that is basically worth only what somebody else is prepared to pay for it.

If you can find another Genesis fan who has always wanted one, you're potentially in luck!

Thank you for the info

• Funnily enough I had something similar from Duke in 1980 when I was 17 or 18. It was a window display piece in a long gone independent record store in my home town. I happened to ask about it one day and the shop assistant/owner gave the whole display to me as the display was being replaced and it was about to be chucked away. It had a kind of 3-d pop out of Albert and the windows popped out as well. It was on my bedroom wall for a few years then consigned to a cupboard where it stayed for a couple of decades, unfortunately during this time it got damaged and I took it down to the tip one day. With hindsight I wish I'd kept it. TOTALLY regret disposing of it now.