25 years ago today: GENESIS release their last studio album ""Calling All Stations"

• For many years I remained indifferent to this album to be honest. Just this year and looking to fill the gaps in my collection, I started looking for it "new and factory sealed" in its first edition (not the remix).

The first thing that impressed me was precisely the difficulty of finding it at a decent price and in good or new condition. But finally a month ago I was able to find it.

I listened to it without prejudice and I was surprised by how pleasant it is. I only knew "Congo" but nothing about the rest. Ray Wilson has an excellent voice and adapts very well to those tracks. For now I'm only on my second listen... I think I should let it grow on me a little.

Maybe I'll stop by again and comment a little more about my appreciation.

• CAS despite its limits (lacks a hit song and RW's voice is not exciting) it has the advantage of being an album not too pop oriented like IT and WCD. :/

• ITWYN doesn't bother me despite its blandness. I'd take it over Small Talk or most of Alien Afternoon (though I like the slightly off-kilter intro, could've done with more of that). Or the dreadful end section of Congo, possibly the most set-it-up-nicely-then-drain-it track they ever did.

Meanwhile it's over 2 years since anyone posted in the Ray Wilson board. Just thought I'd mention it.

Abandon all reason