Post-tour blues ...

• Hey everyone

After the TLD tour, I sort of fell into a post-tour-blues-state. I didn't listen to Genesis-related music a lot, it felt a bit sad to realize it's really over (although they hadn't been around for 14 years or so).

Now I'm enjoying the music again, have wonderful memories about the shows I saw and I'm looking forward to the next PG album :D

Did anyone else experience something similar after the shows this spring?

• Yeah, there is a hole in my life now. Since I was a young teen I have always been looking forward to the next Genesis tour. And even since 2007 I always thought it just might happen agian. But not now.

BUT....

We still have lots of Genesis related live music to look forward to. SH tours all the time and just seems to get better and better. MR has a long UK tour booked for next year. And strong rumours of a PG tour. So lots to look forward to. Its not over yet. And who knows maybe some combination of Genesis members migth be tempted to put something together. I wish TB would do an outing of somesort. He could put a great band together and play some of his solo work mixed in with some Genesis. Wouldn't that be cool. And I have alwasy wished Ant Phillips would give some live work a go. I went to an Ant tribute show a couple of years ago where AP was in the audience and recieved applaus but sadly did not venture onto the stage.

And then there are loads of good tribute bands out there. I will be going to see The Watch in a couple of months. They are such good musicians and play the music brilliantly.

Never say never.......?

• I went to the final 2 shows. It was the penultimate one that made me most emotional, the final one not so much but it was very touching when MR introduced PC for the final time. The applause was prolonged and Collins looked quite overcome. That and their final exit were quite affecting.

I then I didn't feel like listening to Genesis until a couple of weeks ago. My post-tour blues as such have only recently started, as though it's taken 4 to 5 months to properly sink in. It's partly manifesting as a couple of weird and oddly unsettling dreams which I can't remember but which are similar to the ones mentioned in the Dreams thread.

Regarding Nigel's post above, fair enough but none of those things are Genesis. Others reasonably enough think differently but tribute bands and the Hackett shows simply don't do it for me and if anything would be pretty dispiriting. I went to the actual Genesis's final shows, that'll do me. But yes I'm feeling much sadder about it now than I did at the time.

Not bothered about the Mechanics, though I considered it. But will always try to see PG so hopefully that'll happen. If it does, it won't be as some kind of Genesis surrogate, it'll be purely to enjoy his work in its own right.

Abandon all reason

• time and tide wait for no man...as someone once said. yes, this seems to be the end of the line, but 2 tours in nearly 30 years...so have got used to the idea of them not being around much,!

Feel the same having seen the Rush boys at the weekend....bitter sweet feelings...great to see them playing and having fun, but also hammered home, that Rush are probably done as a band....unfortunately

• Rush are probably done as a band....unfortunately

Lee & Lifeson have said more than once that while they don't rule out working together in some capacity it won't be Rush as they can't call themselves that without Peart. So it's beyond 'probably'.

Touched to read they did YYZ as it was Hawkins's favourite Rush track.

Abandon all reason

• I suppose it hasn't affected me in that way. I never even expected the 2007 shows, so the recent ones were an even bigger bonus.

My own personal outlook, is that the band may not be active now, but they've hardly been active since CAS, so very little has changed.

And most of all, the thing that has definitely not changed, is all the wondrous music we have, which is every bit as active in my life now, as it was before the final show.

• Lee & Lifeson have said more than once that while they don't rule out working together in some capacity it won't be Rush as they can't call themselves that without Peart. So it's beyond 'probably'.

Touched to read they did YYZ as it was Hawkins's favourite Rush track.

yes did YYZ with a backdrop picture of Taylor and Neil, sitting together smiling...for a 55 year old, brought a large lump to my throat

• yes did YYZ with a backdrop picture of Taylor and Neil, sitting together smiling...for a 55 year old, brought a large lump to my throat

Age is no barrier, or shouldn't be, to being emotional about something that has meaning for you. I haven't seen the footage yet but I know I'll well up when I see it. I nearly did just seeing the pic of Macca, arms wide, welcoming Geddy Lee.

Abandon all reason

• I haven't thought too much about the tour since it ended, and haven't been avoiding Genesis. Actually I listen to them a fair bit. What did for me though, was stumbling on a photo of a big sign for the band I took at the show I went to. Made me really long to be able to see them again, and that feeling has persisted. A dense or loud kind of absence.