40 years ago: GENESIS and KING CRIMSON in Hamburg

• Official Post

10th September 1982. GENESIS and special guest KING CRIMSON perform in Hamburg St. Pauli, Germany.
    It was the only German show during the Three Sides Live / Encore tour.

Did anyone from this forum attend this show?

By the way, this was the King Crimson setlist

Waiting Man

Thela Hun Ginjeet

Red

Matte Kudasai

The Sheltering Sky

Neurotica

Elephant Talk

Indiscipline

Larks' Tongues in Aspic, Part Two

cheers

Christian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | BlueSky

Deutsch? Check our German Website

Check out our brand new WhatsApp Channel!

• We travelled from the UK for this on the Mead Gould Promotions coach tour. Recorded the Genesis set, which is in circulation, but not Crimson for some long forgotten reason. Got searched on the gate but whatever they were looking for it wasn't recording gear as they waved me through anyway.

• What a bill.

I saw Genesis 9 times and only once out of those gigs did they have another band on first, Wembley 1987, Paul Young.

Leaving aside big outdoor shows like Knebworth and Milton Keynes did anyone see a support act at a Genesis gig?

Abandon all reason

• What a bill.

I saw Genesis 9 times and only once out of those gigs did they have another band on first, Wembley 1987, Paul Young.

Leaving aside big outdoor shows like Knebworth and Milton Keynes did anyone see a support act at a Genesis gig?

String Driven Thing at Manchester Free Trade Hall February '73, then Ron Geesin at Manchester Opera House October '73. Probably best known for his work with Pink Floyd on Atom Heart Mother and his collaboration with Roger Waters on the Music from the Body album. To be honest I can't remember too much about his set other than he was wonderfully eccentric and went down pretty well.

Also saw Ritchie Havens supporting them at a couple of the Earls Court shows in June 1977.

Edited once, last by serpent ().