GENESIS, Live remixes. Because they haven't been reissued yet

• The entire studio catalog with the new mixes has been reissued on CD and vinyl, each album separately.

With live albums; after The Live Box, practically nothing has been reissued.

I think, only "Seconds Out" on vinyl.

They are so good that I still wonder: why not reissue them separately?

Why do we still see those old versions from '94 and none of these new mixes?

It's curious...

Edit:

I refer in this thread to the albums "recorded live" with the 2009 mixes offered with the Box Genesis "Live", not released yet separately

Thank you

• Official Post

individual CDs with the new mixes, but without bonus tracks, were also released a year or two after the boxsets.

There have also been Vinyl releases and boxsets. I remember discussions about the poor quality of the vinyl,

• individual CDs with the new mixes, but without bonus tracks, were also released a year or two after the boxsets.

There have also been Vinyl releases and boxsets. I remember discussions about the poor quality of the vinyl,

Hi! Yes I know that but I'm talking about the "live" albums.

Edit:

Have not been reissued yet: Live, Seconds Out, Three Sides Live, The Way We Walk individually with new mixes separately

• Official Post

Hi! Yes I know that but I'm talking about the "live" albums.

Edit:

Have not been reissued yet: Live, Seconds Out, Three Sides Live, The Way We Walk individually with new mixes separately

sorry, I obviously didn't see that "live" bit ;)

You are right. I'll try to find out why.

• I've been wondering this for ages. I never got the box set as I only really want Genesis Live and Seconds Out. If/when they are released individually, I will certainly be getting them!

• I've been wondering this for ages. I never got the box set as I only really want Genesis Live and Seconds Out. If/when they are released individually, I will certainly be getting them!

Exact! I bought these albums separately in 2009, released in Japan (mini-lp) but it has surprised me that even after a little more than 10 years the only editions available are still those of 1994... if they have already published the entire discography in studio with the new mixes individually why not do the same with the live albums?

• Exact! I bought these albums separately in 2009, released in Japan (mini-lp) but it has surprised me that even after a little more than 10 years the only editions available are still those of 1994... if they have already published the entire discography in studio with the new mixes individually why not do the same with the live albums?

Sales numbers, probably.

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• I prefer the original mixes including the 94 remasters, as do many other people, the gods may have got wind of that by now. Each to your own though. As usual I would prefer more unreleased live material, I suspect plenty others would prefer that as well over more re-issued studio and original live albums. Cheers.