World Cup 2018

• With Germany out, the winners of England’s group are likely to meet Brazil in the QF, whereas the runners up would meet either Sweden or Switzerland. I know what result I want tomorrow and it ain’t a win for England!

~ My talents may not be obvious but they are always...always...delicious! ~

Edited once, last by Gabble Ratchet ().

• With Germany out, the winners of England’s group are likely to meet Brazil in the QF, whereas the runners up would meet either Sweden or Switzerland. I know what result I want tomorrow and it ain’t a win for England!

I hope Harry Kane plays tomorrow, but Southgate is looking at resting some of his key players. May see a totally new squad in the England team.

• Southgate is looking at resting some of his key players. May see a totally new squad in the England team.

I hope so Noni. We really don’t want to win this group. The other half of the draw is so much easier

• It would be funny if both teams were wanting to lose tomorrow . :D  ;(

There’s a very real possibility of that happening. Who would want to be in the same half of the draw as France, Argentina, Portugal & Brazil?

• Good luck to England & Sweden, hubby's teams (he was born in England & his great-grandfather was Swedish).

Some of the handwringing about Australia's exit has been embarrassing to say the least. As for Germany, who were my other team due to ancestry, they weren't good enough this time.

• Well at least England played their B team throughout this match apart from 3 players...

Belgium 1 - 0 England.

On a positive note, England did not play their best players at all... :)

• Perfect result for England! Southgate interview was telling.. ‘one eye on where we are going next’

Who wouldn’t give their left arm to reach a WC semi final by having to beat Colombia and Sweden/CH ?

• England’s best chance since Italia 90.

Just look at the history and the calibre of teams we’ve come up against previously.

94: DNQ

98: Argies in last 16

02: Brazil in QF

06: Portugal in QF

10: Germany in last 16

14: Italy & Uruguay in group stage

18. Colombia (last 16) Sweden/CH (QF)

• Seems I wasn’t the only one to think losing the group was a smart move. The bookies have responded by reducing the odds on England reaching the semifinals from 1:4 to 1:3 and on winning the WC itself from 1:9 to 1:7 ^^

• I'm a little surprised at the reaction by some of the media in the England vs Belgium game yesterday. I agree with Gabble Ratchet on the fact England has a better draw despite losing yesterday's game .... We've got more chance in winning some of the knock out stages this way.

Surprised that the FIA allowed this in the first place. Even the Japan match yesterday. No incentive to win IMO. Would be interesting to see how far Belgium go at this stage?.....

• Well I was a little nervous and could not watch the extra time or penalties as England often lose. We finally won a penalty shoot out for the first time in a World Cup. England Looked good in the 1st half and maintained the lead till the 85th minute. Clumsey play from England to allow an equalizer.....

England through to the QF... :)