ROCKING HORSE MUSIC CLUB - Circus Of Wire Dolls (2022)

• Official Post

Some of you may remember the Anthony Phillips tribute album "Which Way The Wind Blows" by American band Rocking Horse Music Club. Details about this can be found here on our website.

The band has just released a new studio double album, called Circus Of Wire Dolls. It's in fact a prog concept album and once again they have some interesting guest musicians, who have also worked in the Genesis family. Other musicians include Tim Bowness, Chris Difford or David Cross

Details about this release is available in our news section here

https://www.genesis-news.com/n…s-of-Wire-Dolls-n809.html

A video / audio teaser can be found below:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Official Post

A review about the album is now available here:

https://www.genesis-news.com/c…CD-Album-review-s855.html

• I was at Trading Boundaries on Saturday for their second play through - a really good performance followed by highlights from Smallcreep's Day featuring Noel McCalla again.

Fantastic afternoon/evening of music including John Hackett, Tom Bowness, the Beggs Sisters + Nick Beggs.

Doesn't get much better than that.

• Official Post

Thanks for the first impressions. Did you take any photos you can share? Anything else that could be interesting?

• I was at Trading Boundaries on Saturday for their second play through - a really good performance followed by highlights from Smallcreep's Day featuring Noel McCalla again.

Fantastic afternoon/evening of music including John Hackett, Tom Bowness, the Beggs Sisters + Nick Beggs.

Doesn't get much better than that.

*Tim* Bowness. ;) A great talent, and all round good egg. Though I recognise his voice can be divisive.

• *Tim* Bowness. ;) A great talent, and all round good egg. Though I recognise his voice can be divisive.

Ironic misspelling by me after the MC at the gig referred to him as Tim Bowman, and then in response Tim himself joked about being called Tim Boner ^^

• *Tim* Bowness. ;) A great talent, and all round good egg. Though I recognise his voice can be divisive.

I agree, up to a point. Dancehall and Stupid things are great, but after that, the albums have all become a bit "samey". The 2 "Plenty" releases prove he can still do it though.

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• I agree, up to a point. Dancehall and Stupid things are great, but after that, the albums have all become a bit "samey". The 2 "Plenty" releases prove he can still do it though.

It's the factor which I see most commonly as the reason Wilson/PTree fans swerve No-Man. I've never had any difficulty and it's where I first started to follow Wilson in 1992. (I was put off PT for a few years, whilst continuing to enjoy N-M.)

• It's the factor which I see most commonly as the reason Wilson/PTree fans swerve No-Man. I've never had any difficulty and it's where I first started to follow Wilson in 1992. (I was put off PT for a few years, whilst continuing to enjoy N-M.)

I'm not into Wilson/PT or N-M!

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• Just got the album.

Most enjoyable.

The track 'Circus Of Wire Dolls' reminds me of the sound you would get if Trevor Rabin & Marillion did a song together.

"She looks at me and gently smiles, as if she knew I'd ask her all the time..."