Genesis - 50 Years Ago (availability)

• I've been revisiting the early Ant period of the band including From Genesis to Revelation, Trespass, Disc 4 of Genesis Archive 1965 - 1975 and of course Genesis plays Jackson, and I was surprised to find the download release '50 Years Ago' which for some reason completely passed me by when it came out.

What an absolute treasure trove for fans of the very early era!! Anyway, my reason for writing is that I can see it's available to stream on YouTube Music, Spotify etc, but I can't seem to find anywhere to actually officially download it (preferably in WAV or FLAC etc). I can rip the MP3 from YouTube if it comes to it, but wondered if any kind soul out there can point me in the direction of anywhere I can get a decent quality download from?

• Official Post

I've been revisiting the early Ant period of the band including From Genesis to Revelation, Trespass, Disc 4 of Genesis Archive 1965 - 1975 and of course Genesis plays Jackson, and I was surprised to find the download release '50 Years Ago' which for some reason completely passed me by when it came out.

What an absolute treasure trove for fans of the very early era!! Anyway, my reason for writing is that I can see it's available to stream on YouTube Music, Spotify etc, but I can't seem to find anywhere to actually officially download it (preferably in WAV or FLAC etc). I can rip the MP3 from YouTube if it comes to it, but wondered if any kind soul out there can point me in the direction of anywhere I can get a decent quality download from?

We have a review about those very interesting different mixes here

Genesis News Com [it]: Genesis - 50 Years Ago - Album review (genesis-news.com)

It was only released digitally and since the rights are no longer with Jonathan King, I doubt this version / album will be made available physically.

• Official Post

Christian: Who owns the rights to this material now?

currently Cherry Red. But this version has not been released again. And I doubt it will be.

• currently Cherry Red. But this version has not been released again. And I doubt it will be.

Thanks. I had heard rumors a couple years ago that Cherry Red was going to release a 2 or 3 disc set of FGTR material. Didn't realize they had actually bought the rights, but it makes sense.

I missed out on '50 Years Ago' as it was only available on streaming, and I'm strictly a physical media guy (yeah, I'm old). Would have gladly bought it on CD had it been available that way.

Still hoping Cherry Red gives us something.