Recent visit to Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame

• Made a trip to Cleveland, OH the other day and visited the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame. I hadn't been there in many years and Genesis were inducted since that time. So, I sought out anything about them and left a little disappointed. There was nothing except the bare minimum to represent the band. There were lots of clothes and guitars from many others but not even a pair of Phil Collins drumsticks or anything like that anywhere. I honestly didn't expect much, but I hoped for something small.

The bare minimum included the plaque representing the artists inducted each year; for Genesis, that was 2010. Here are pictures of the plaque which includes their signatures:

Genesis plaque at Rock n Roll Hall of Fame inductees wall

Genesis plaque with other 2010 inductees

There were also screens where you could find all inductees and a selection of their music to listen to with attached headphones. Here are the tracks they used to represent Genesis as their "Career Defining Playlist":

The Musical Box

Supper's Ready

Watcher of the Skies

Dancing with the Moonlit Knight

Lamb Lies Down on Broadway

Back in NYC

Dance on a Volcano

Eleventh Earl of Mar

Follow You Follow Me

Behind the Lines

Misunderstanding

No Reply at All

Mama

That's All

Invisible Touch

In Too Deep

Land of Confusion

I Can't Dance

Hold on My Heart

... so, basically they chose one or more from each album from NC to WCD. I was surprised by Supper's Ready and I don't imagine most people standing there for its complete duration, but good to be represented there where some people might just want to hear what it's like. I'm glad Back in NYC is there since I think it rocks. 11th Earl of Mar is a surprise since I thought Afterglow would represent W&W. The rest isn't surprising but I thought Turn it On Again would be there. I think Throwing it All Away would be a better ballad pick than In Too Deep. The lack of Trespass and CAS isn't a surprise since those albums include people who were not part of the induction. Kind of a need "set list" if you will.

The gift shop included vinyl sales and there were three Genesis albums:

A Trick of the Tail ($24.99)

Seconds Out ($34.99)

Duke ($21.99)

Peter Gabriel's solo plaque was there, too (2014 I think)

I thought I'd share all this, for the record.

--foxtwin

• I live in the eastern suburbs of Cleveland and came out of there disappointed as well and have never been back. Thank God Cleveland represented Genesis well hosting them for every tour since Foxtrot! For the record, the Rock and Roll HOF is a joke.

• I live in the eastern suburbs of Cleveland and came out of there disappointed as well and have never been back. Thank God Cleveland represented Genesis well hosting them for every tour since Foxtrot! For the record, the Rock and Roll HOF is a joke.

So I guess Drew Carey was at least partially right (and partially wrong) when he claimed "Cleveland Rocks"?:)

• When it comes to the RARHOF, it's getting to the point where it doesn't rock because they will let anyone in!

Anybody except Jethro Tull, ELP, Kate Bush and a lot of American 'corporate rock bands'. I am still annoyed by the way they treated Dire Straits. They only inducted Rush & Yes after years of pressure from fans.

• Like any playlist/setlist, there's bound to be some quibbles, but I'm a little surprised to see less obvious choices in a couple places. Like Dancing With The Moonlit Knight instead of I Know What I Like or Back In NYC instead of Carpet Crawlers or Hold On My Heart instead of No Son Of Mine, but I think they chose a good selection of songs that represent shifts in their sound as opposed to simply following the hit singles or the usual "best of" tracks.