5. Swing Low (5) 24%
    6. It's Not Too Late (13) 62%
    7. This Love, This Heart (1) 5%
    8. Driving Me Crazy (0) 0%
    9. The Least You Can Do (6) 29%
    10. Can't Stop Loving You (8) 38%
    11. Thru My Eyes (3) 14%
    12. You Touch My Heart (0) 0%

Testify celebrates its 20th release anniversary today (11 Nov 2022). It was also the album with new songs by Phil Collins.

How do rate the album today? What are your favorite tracks?

• I like "Come With Me", "It's Not Too Late", and "Can't Stop Loving You" the best. The other songs are kind of weak, and this album has always struck me as Phil's rediscovered and relied too much on his keyboards, and drum machine.

The album really came to life when played live, like in the 30 minute Testify promo video about the making of the album. Also, I think, when these were played on tour, replacing the keyboard solo on "Come With Me" with a trumpet, played by Harry Kim, and performing "It's Not Too Late" acapella was a great decision.

• External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I found the Testify promotional video very useful for sincere listening to the album. :thumbup:

• It's not about the singer, but the song itself is wonderful and very romantic! <3

Sorry, why is it wonderful and romantic? It's just another 'oh no, you're leaving'' lament, and in this case Leo Sayer is more convincing than Phil is. Phil did far too many songs like this on his later albums.

• I like the title track and "It's Not Too Late"

"Swing Low" also stands out a bit as it's a bit different (sound etc).

All in all the album is not a complete mess, but surely the weakest of all his solo albums.

... make tomorrow today!

• Orianne takes the blame for a lot of things and I sometimes think this album should be right up there with the worst of her sins! Phil loved up is nowhere near as good as angry bitter Phil. There's some cracking songs on it but it plays like songs just thrown together rather than an album. Come with me, It's not too late and Don't get me started is what i went for. I also don't think Wake up call is a bad opener to an album.

On another note 20 years old!! What happened there? Doesn't seem nowhere near that long.

• Official Post

21st anniversary today....

• Haven't heard this in a while, but the title track, "It's not too late" and "Can't stop loving you" are my favorite tracks. I also like "Don't get me started" and "Thru my eyes".

Overall, it's probably the weakes of all Collins albums

• Official Post

Haven't heard this in a while, but the title track, "It's not too late" and "Can't stop loving you" are my favorite tracks. I also like "Don't get me started" and "Thru my eyes".

Overall, it's probably the weakes of all Collins albums

I only listened to this albums twice or maybe three times. Perhaps I should try it again, but I do remember it sounded bad and there were not a lot great song ideas on it.

• About The Least You Can Do...

It has more weary resignation than some of the more recent anguished 'why did you leave me' songs he did and for that reason it works better than some of those songs. I like how after he's used American pronunciation he suddenly switches to 'is that so much to ask' sung the English way. Strangely this line is not printed in the lyric sheet.