i/o The Tour: Which shows will you attend?

• Official Post

Which shows of the 2023 i/o tour will you attend? 33

1. 18 May | KRAKOW (3) 9%
    2. 20 May | VERONA (6) 18%
    3. 21 May | MILAN (3) 9%
    4. 23 May | PARIS (1) 3%
    5. 24 May | LILLE (1) 3%
    6. 26 May | BERLIN (1) 3%
    7. 28 May | MUNICH (1) 3%
    8. 30 May | COPENHAGEN (1) 3%
    9. 31 May | STOCKHOLM (0) 0%
    10. 02 June | BERGEN (0) 0%
    11. 05 June | AMSTERDAM (4) 12%
    12. 06 June | ANTWERP (1) 3%
    13. 08 June | ZÜRICH (2) 6%
    14. 10 June | COLOGNE (3) 9%
    15. 12 June | HAMBURG (0) 0%
    16. 13 June | FRANKFURT (0) 0%
    17. 15 June | BORDEAUX (0) 0%
    18. 17 June | BIRMINGHAM (2) 6%
    19. 19 June | LONDON (3) 9%
    20. 22 June | GLASGOW (3) 9%
    21. 23 June | MANCHESTER (0) 0%
    22. 25 June | DUBLIN (2) 6%
    23. I will not attend any of the shows (5) 15%
    24. 20 June | NOTTINGHAM (0) 0%
    25. 08 September | QUEBEC (0) 0%
    26. 09 September | OTTAWA (0) 0%
    27. 11 September | TORONTO (1) 3%
    28. 13 September. | MONTREAL (1) 3%
    29. 14 September | BOSTON (0) 0%
    30. 16 September | PHILADELPHIA (2) 6%
    31. 18 September | NEW YORK CITY (1) 3%
    32. 20 September | WASHINGTON DC (0) 0%
    33. 22 September | BUFFALO (1) 3%
    34. 23 September | PITTSBURGH (0) 0%
    35. 25 September | COLOMBUS (0) 0%
    36. 27 September | CLEVELAND (0) 0%
    37. 29 September | DETROIT (1) 3%
    38. 30 September | CHICAGO (0) 0%
    39. 02 October | MILWAUKEE (0) 0%
    40. 03 October | ST. PAUL (0) 0%
    41. 07 October | VANCOUVER (0) 0%
    42. 08 October | SEATTLE (0) 0%
    43. 11 October | SAN FRANCISCO (0) 0%
    44. 13 October | LOS ANGELES (1) 3%
    45. 14 October | PALM SPRINGS (1) 3%
    46. 16 October | DENVER (1) 3%
    47. 18 October | AUSTIN (0) 0%
    48. 19 October | DALLAS (0) 0%
    49. 21 October | HOUSTON (1) 3%

Now that regular tickets are on sale (see tour dates page here), let's see who's going to see Peter next year and where (or who's not going at all).

So, which shows of the 2023 tour will you attend?

Your votes can be changed any time and of course North American dates will be added once we know them.

• I had two fantastic seats at the O2 in my basket but when I saw the prices I thought this has just got silly. The price per ticket plus whatever extra charges was way too much from my personal view. I remember when concert tickets were affordable and open to everyone. I know times change but for me it has just got too much. I genuinely hope the concerts are great and that everyone has a superb time. My decision is very personal and when he opens up with Watcher of the skies I might regret it!!!

• I had two fantastic seats at the O2 in my basket but when I saw the prices I thought this has just got silly. The price per ticket plus whatever extra charges was way too much from my personal view. I remember when concert tickets were affordable and open to everyone. I know times change but for me it has just got too much. I genuinely hope the concerts are great and that everyone has a superb time. My decision is very personal and when he opens up with Watcher of the skies I might regret it!!!

Completely understandable. I'm very fortunate to be able to say I have the means to buy these tix but I agree the prices have become stupid. As with Genesis and some other shows there's part of me that resents the price and considers not buying, but that could never seriously be an option for their final tour and I feel similarly about these PG gigs. Although unlike the Genesis tour, PG isn't saying it's a last hurrah but the possibility is there. Plus his shows are always great events and I'm looking forward to hearing new and old stuff. But I totally get the reasoning of everyone who's bailing on it.

I'm glad that most of the gigs I go to are around the £30-£40 level and occasionally less.

Having good tix in the basket but then releasing them - that must've been a hard decision.

Abandon all reason

• Thank you for your message. It was a tough decision but it felt right when I had done it. I have happy memories of seeing him many times in the past so no complaints from me. I just feel for others who have not seen him before and are priced out of these concerts.

Understandable, especially given there's a chance he might play Shock The Monkey. :)

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• Glasgow, considering either Birmingham or London. Never been to the former for a gig so that might swing it and gives me more time between travelling.

...and have now got a Brum ticket. First visit to the venue. Was already front centre Glasgow, so have gone for a few rows back on the first audience-left raised block.

Abandon all reason

• Only just managed to book some accommodation. Very little available and what there was, stratospherically expensive - even more so than the PG tix!

indeed...adds up to an expensive evening. at least there wasn't the full deluxe dinner special option with a PG quiz!....got some tickets for Primal Scream for next year, £40 each and 10 minute walk from home, which is much better value for me!

• Official Post

indeed...adds up to an expensive evening. at least there wasn't the full deluxe dinner special option with a PG quiz!....got some tickets for Primal Scream for next year, £40 each and 10 minute walk from home, which is much better value for me!

indeed pricing is an issue. Since I travel less for live shows than I used to (I saw him on the (Still) Growing Up tour 14 times - shows in Germany, Canada and the UK), it's easier for me also financially. So for this tour I may see two or three shows. Dublin is on our list for a holiday city trip anyway, so that makes sense. Cologne is close to where my family is. Maybe I will also do Berlin. But I certainly won't fly to North America anymore - just to see shows (and add some sightseeing / holidays) and that's also something my family situation doesn't allow anymore.

Same for Hackett or the Mechanics. If they play somewhere near and it's logistically doable, I go. If not, I decide on short notice.

I saw Genesis three times only. Last tour was 9 shows. I know people who saw 10+ shows.

So, in a nutshell: costs for live shows are too high but for me affordable, also because I don't do a lot anyway.

• Only just managed to book some accommodation. Very little available and what there was, stratospherically expensive - even more so than the PG tix!

That's because Springst**n is playing the same night and had been announced some time before. Isn't "dynamic price" a wondrous modern invention?

• Verona, Milan and Birmingham. I've always wanted to see him in Italy, having been to other gigs there and the crowds are great. It will be interesting as the Italian gigs are on consecutive nights but one outside the other indoors. Birmingham is with a few mates and my son. I took him to the first leg of Growing Up, he was 10 years old, now he's nearly 30!