THE ANT BAND works on second album (due 2024)

• Since I was repeatedly asked about it: yes, there will be another ANT BAND album! :)

In September we got together (virtually) and decided to start a new project. Nothing will be revealed about the content yet, but the tracklist is fixed: it will have 15 tracks (we are already working on about half of them) and will probably break the 60 minute barrier.

Almost all the Ant Band musicians who took part last year have agreed to take part again, and some well-known guests will probably also contribute. So the tried and tested recipe will not be changed. However, there is one difference: Ant Phillips knows what's going on and has even offered his help if we get stuck with the chords. ;)

This time we will take considerably more time, because with the first album it got a bit hectic towards the end. And we have no deadline here, so there is no reason to hurry. If all goes well, the new album will be released in 2024 - so I ask for a little patience. 8)

• 2024 it is. So we have more than a year to build up excitement then ^^

Seriously: I enjoyed the first album a lot and I am curious what will come next. But I assume you won't talk about that ... yet?

• Official Post

Will Ralph Bernascone make an appearance? Or will he be on holiday with Peter Cross?

😅

Actually, the user Ralph Bernascone in this forum could be part of the project ;)

Time will tell

cheers

Christian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | BlueSky

Deutsch? Check our German Website

Check out our brand new WhatsApp Channel!

• 2024 it is now, and I can say that our project is pretty much on time. So there's a good chance that the new album will see the light of day in September this year. We are thinking about releasing it as a CD/DVD set with a 5.1 surround mix and some bonus tracks on the DVD.

This time, all proceeds will go to the Nordoff-Robbins Music Therapy Foundation. This is in the fine tradition of Genesis and Phil Collins, who performed a benefit concert for the foundation several decades ago.

Some of you may have already seen our video teaser, which premiered in the German forum's tipping game just before Christmas. It's a new take on one of the earliest songs Anthony Phillips was involved with. According to him, it was Genesis' only truly psychedelic song, with cryptic lyrics by Peter Gabriel that were typical of the genre. Perhaps this is why it was not included on their debut album, although it was professionally recorded during the album sessions in the summer of 1968. Our version includes one of the two later deleted bridges and alternative lyrics from the 1967 demo version.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited once, last by tom ().