THE MUSICAL BOX: "Selling England By The Pound" Tour in 2023 and 2024

• Official Post

The Musical Box will finish the LAMB tour next summer and then continue touring with the Selling England By The Pound Show. First dates for Europe have surfaced, no tickets are on sale yet.

More info on our tour dates page:

https://www.genesis-news.com/c…2024-tour-dates-s860.html

• Official Post

Durch dates have also been on sale for some days.

• You'll enjoy this! Although I have to say - Selling shows with Martin Levac were something else. It couldn't be better, he's such a great Phil "copy".

So true! Martin had his own Genesis cover band for the first couple of years after he left The Musical Box. I saw them perform the Encore Tour in Philadelphia. It’s AMAZING how closely he resembles Phil, both physically and vocally.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Christian

Changed the title of the thread from “THE MUSICAL BOX: "Selling England By The Pound" Tour in 2024” to “THE MUSICAL BOX: "Selling England By The Pound" Tour in 2023 and 2024”.
    • Official Post

More dates announced for late 2023 and early 2023

(Canada, USA, Belgium)

https://www.genesis-news.com/c…2024-tour-dates-s860.html

• Official Post
  • As Steve Hackett’s Genesis Revisited Tour, it’s always the same… still boring.

Well, I see some major differences here. Reproducing an old show accurately and therefore not changing anything is something else than revisiting the past and changing the setlist from tour to tour. Steve also plays his own stuff and new material from his recent studio albums.

I saw The Musical Box quite often and have always enjoyed it. I probably saw the Selling show the most, so I'll skip this time. But I really recommend this to everybody who hasn't seen this yet. Go. before they don't do it any more.

• Tempted to go and see an accurate recreation of early Genesis , the first actual Genesis I saw was 1981. The trouble is with the wealth of live recordings available and U TUBE shows I've heard an awful lot of these songs lots of times. I feel the need to avoid them for quite a while for fear of over exposure to them , I really don't want to get tired of hearing them too often. Iqt go but will have avoid hearing any of that stuff between now and then.

• Official Post

I have seen the Selling show several times and most of those shows were years ago when YouTube wasn’t really an issue. I also can’t see why YouTube would keep you from going. Live is the real thing and YouTube comes never any close…

• I have seen the Selling show several times and most of those shows were years ago when YouTube wasn’t really an issue. I also can’t see why YouTube would keep you from going. Live is the real thing and YouTube comes never any close…

Yes I've decided to go. Live is of course totally different, it's just that because of the availability now I've watched and listened to those songs many times as well as Steve Hackett shows. I'm bothered about overexposure of songs that I've heard hundreds of times. I will make a point of not listening to any of it until I see it live in March .

• …and I have my ticket for for the Friday, June 14th show at the Keswick Theatre in suburban Philadelphia! ( Christian , I can confirm that on both June 14th and 15th they are playing here, if you wanted to add these dates to your listing on the main site. FYI)

Anyone else going?

I’ve seen The Genesis Show last month, now TMB in June is fixed - all I need is a ticket for Steve’s local set of shows (and hopefully an extension of PG’s tour into this year) and I’ll have my full run of Genesis-affiliated shows for 2024! 😎

Stepping out the back way, hoping nobody sees...

• I have a bootleg of them playing this set at the Keswick back in 2004. Great show. Blimey that's 20 years ago already.

Sadly the wrong side of the Atlantic for me but we'll be going to the Hammersmith show.

• …and I have my ticket for for the Friday, June 14th show at the Keswick Theatre in suburban Philadelphia! ( Christian , I can confirm that on both June 14th and 15th they are playing here, if you wanted to add these dates to your listing on the main site. FYI)

Anyone else going?

I’ve seen The Genesis Show last month, now TMB in June is fixed - all I need is a ticket for Steve’s local set of shows (and hopefully an extension of PG’s tour into this year) and I’ll have my full run of Genesis-affiliated shows for 2024! 😎

Have added those two and another show in the NY region to the tour dates list, thanks!

cheers

Christian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | BlueSky

Deutsch? Check our German Website

Check out our brand new WhatsApp Channel!

• I have a bootleg of them playing this set at the Keswick back in 2004. Great show. Blimey that's 20 years ago already.

Sadly the wrong side of the Atlantic for me but we'll be going to the Hammersmith show.

See if you can hear me cheering on your bootleg then! 😄 I would have definitely been at that show.

Enjoy your show at the Hammersmith!

Stepping out the back way, hoping nobody sees...

• See if you can hear me cheering on your bootleg then! 😄 I would have definitely been at that show.

Enjoy your show at the Hammersmith!

It was a good gig so you chose well!

Speaking of being heard on a bootleg, when Musical Box came over on the tour where they played their favourite Genesis pieces (2018) I was a little worse for wear at the Hammersmith show and can be heard on the bootleg shouting for Invisible Touch during the intro to Cinema Show. Sorry fellow attendees.

Superb cover band, they never fail to disappoint.

• I have only seen them doing this show once and I am not sure I can go this time (distance), but I will try. Something tells me it could be the last chance ...

... good things come to those who wait