World Cup.

• My pre tournament prediction was that England would get through the group and then win in a tense.match in the last 16 . Then they would play really well in the quarter final and lose in an unfortunate manner. So they won in an easy way today , the first time I recall that happening in a knockout match Hopefully I'll be proved wrong about about the quarter final ,..... In a good way.

• Australia did well to reach the round of 16. After England, I guess I would like the Netherlands to win it because of Virgil van Dijk, and because they've never won it. Morocco should be proud of themselves for their effort against Spain.

• Very disappointed for Allison Becker & Virgil Van Dijk this morning, and yet I am delighted for Croatia and will be supporting them against Argentina. Some very dubious refereeing in the Argentina/Netherlands game.

We will be watching England try to beat France tomorrow morning but I am not confident.

• My pre tournament prediction was that England would get through the group and then win in a tense.match in the last 16 . Then they would play really well in the quarter final and lose in an unfortunate manner. So they won in an easy way today , the first time I recall that happening in a knockout match Hopefully I'll be proved wrong about about the quarter final ,..... In a good way.

Unfortunately I was exactly right about the quarter final. ALWAYS HAPPENS.

• I only saw the summary of that match but I wouldn't want to be that guy who messed up that last penalty.

If I were a professional footballer I would want to be him, he's one of the best players in the world. It's extremely rare for him to miss a penalty and yes, that was a crucial moment for him to do it! On the flipside it's important for the best players to experience those moments and learn from them.

Abandon all reason