Genesis recording compendium for early years?

• is there some sort of list of all tracks recorded by Genesis members from their earliest recording through Nursery Cryme. I'm looking to build a chronological play list from day one through Trespass and include everything done by the band members both together and separately. I could try to build one but wondered if one were readily available. Thanks.

• Official Post

is there some sort of list of all tracks recorded by Genesis members from their earliest recording through Nursery Cryme. I'm looking to build a chronological play list from day one through Trespass and include everything done by the band members both together and separately. I could try to build one but wondered if one were readily available. Thanks.

It's quite likely we will do such a compendium at some point. After finishing the Peter Gabriel and Anthony Phillips Compendiums, we are currently working on the Phil Collins Recording Compendium and will publish Part 1 in the not so distant future (which means it will be a project for the whole year of 2023), so don't hold your breath for the Genesis compendium!

cheers

Christian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | BlueSky

Deutsch? Check our German Website

Check out our brand new WhatsApp Channel!

• is there some sort of list of all tracks recorded by Genesis members from their earliest recording through Nursery Cryme. I'm looking to build a chronological play list from day one through Trespass and include everything done by the band members both together and separately. I could try to build one but wondered if one were readily available. Thanks.

I don't envy anyone trying to place all of Ant's tracks within that framework, not least given their writing versus recording dates. You may as well try to include Collins's session work at the same time. 😁

Maybe "The Genesis Discography" by Scott McMahan (available through The Internet Archive) could be of help? It seems to list absolutely all details about our band and the solo careers up to 1996.

• thank you AnythingNow ! This is definitely worth having. And the author is from my home state of North Carolina! So that's cool. Wow. One has to go to the internet archive to find it. I'm keeping it for sure. I feel like I became a Genesis fan much too late. I missed all the great box sets for one. And most of the concerts.