2023 - your expectations?

• Just music, no politics please

So, now that 2023 has started - what do you expect (and what do you hope for) regarding

Genesis & solo (releases, tours etc)

other favorite bands and artists

My expectations / hopes:

Genesis: Releases from the archive

PG: a great new album, some surprises during the tour

PC: why not new music?

SH: a new rock abum with a modern sound and a decent vocalist.

TB: Still hoping for a final rock album

apart from Genesis:

A new Prefab Sprout album

Eurythmics album / tour

A Michael Stipe solo album

some are wise ... and some otherwise

• Genesis: Archive releases for sure. compilations, perhaps.

PG: an album.

SH: Wolflight mk 4

Otherwise: Tim Bowness, another album that pales compare with Dancehall and Stupid Things.

Cock Robin: an album and a book.

Singles charts full of drivel! ;)

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• We know Steve has a rock album coming. I think he underestimates himself vocally but that's another topic.

Of course we eagerly await Peter's effort. It would be nice if Phil tried to do something but I'm not holding my breath. The Mechanics are touring with Nic.

I think there will be a new Mark Knopfler album, and maybe he will startr touring again (he hasn't been down here since 2005)...

Rammstein Blu Ray of one of their Mexico shows, hopefully a documentary too.

I might be tempted by Stipe's album - it's about time he released something new. Apart from that, no idea.

• PG: a great new album, some surprises during the tour

I'm not ruling out a Genesis track in the live set

PC: why not new music?

Because he doesn't want to.

TB: Still hoping for a final rock album

See PC.

Non-Genesis:

Paul and Ringo to do something together.

There'll be some interesting new British young female musicians

Abandon all reason

• My hope (as it has been since 2007) is a blu ray (or better still 4k) release of When in Rome. This could include some film of The Last Domino tour/rehearsals.

Yes. How I wish they would do that. It's just the time gap between the two tours is an issue.

• Yes. How I wish they would do that. It's just the time gap between the two tours is an issue.

For that reason and others, even if they did re-release Rome there's no chance it'd include any TLD-related material. Personally I wouldn't want to see it in that context anyway.

Abandon all reason

• I don't see any problems.

Genesis on tour 2007-2022 blu ray/4k:

Disc 1 - When in Rome concert

Disc 2 - Come rain or shine documentary/Extra tracks

Disc 3 - The Last Domino documentary

Photo booklet/posters/postcards etc etc

Quality package like Gilmour/Floyd have put out, they could charge whatever they want.

• For that reason and others, even if they did re-release Rome there's no chance it'd include any TLD-related material. Personally I wouldn't want to see it in that context anyway.

Unfortunately the ultra high standard of performance in Rome would only highlight the less-than-perfect nature of the TLD renditions if placed side by side. Not going to happen.

• I don't really expect anything from Genesis - they seem to have little interest in flogging stuff to us ageing fans (fair enough really!)

I'd LIKE to see the following:

A reissue of FGTR with all existing demo tracks etc (maybe so far unreleased stuff??)

Complete BBC recordings (not edited) - in more than one volume if necessary

A special vinyl release for Record Store Day - something like Lyceum 1980 on triple vinyl (droool)

And - oh go on then - a complete reissue program similar to the Led Zep reissues, with even the bonus tracks on vinyl

• Genesis - BBC stuff is probably all we're going to get, which is not surprising at this point. Their DVD shows could seriously do with coming out on Blu-ray/4K, not sure why this hasn't happened but I have no knowledge about this sort of thing.

Phil - Just to hear he's doing okay at this point would be good. I don't think he's been in the media since the tour ended. Hopefully he's enjoying life.

Peter - new album by the end of the year and of course the tour (which I'm attending at the 02 in London!)

Steve - Foxtrot at 50 live CD/Blu-ray would be great as I missed the show, and a new rock album (Hopefully he'll tour this year in the UK too).

Mike - He's with the Mechanics, wouldn't mind catching them as they are actually playing in my neck of the woods!

Tony - No new album from the sound of things, he's probably happy playing Firth of Fifth at home on his piano, and why not!

• Steve - Foxtrot at 50 live CD/Blu-ray would be great as I missed the show, and a new rock album (Hopefully he'll tour this year in the UK too).

Mike - He's with the Mechanics, wouldn't mind catching them as they are actually playing in my neck of the woods!

Do you reckon there will be a live release from this Hackett tour? Oh, I do hope so.

I'm hoping for some new Mechanics material, both on the tour and in recorded form.