PETER GABRIEL - Panopticom (Bright Side Mix) - track discussion

• Which thread should we discuss the Dark Side Mix? should it get its own thread? or just include in the same thread as the Bright Side Mix? i think the latter makes sense but any is good by me. FWIW, i like the Dark Side Mix slightly better even thought I'm a big fan of Mark "Spike" Stent (who did Bright Side Mix!).

• Which thread should we discuss the Dark Side Mix? should it get its own thread? or just include in the same thread as the Bright Side Mix? i think the latter makes sense but any is good by me. FWIW, i like the Dark Side Mix slightly better even thought I'm a big fan of Mark "Spike" Stent (who did Bright Side Mix!).

I think there should just be one Anything To Do With i/o thread - the album, artwork, all track releases in all their various formats. But fwiw I think I saw a darkside mix thread somewhere.

Abandon all reason

• First anniversary

Panopticom (Bright-Side Mix) was first released a year ago today …

cheers

Christian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | BlueSky

Deutsch? Check our German Website

Check out our brand new WhatsApp Channel!

• For all of you who are still unfamiliar with the differences between the mixes of i/o (but also for everyone else) I have found a very interesting video:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

A certain Ian Shepherd uses the example of Panopticom to show how the mixes basically work and how they differ. He actually compares all three mixes (the In-Side Mix in binaural, i.e. downscaled to stereo).

In between, he also philosophises about the idea of three mixes at all or the freedom of the three mixers.

Recommended for all those who want to see the three mixes clearly juxtaposed and/or want to get an impression of the In-Side Mixes.

(By the way: I compared the Bright-Side Mix and Dark-Side Mix for the i/o article series in the same way).