PETER GABRIEL - i/o Full Moon Club subscription on Bandcamp

• cheers

Christian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | BlueSky

Deutsch? Check our German Website

Check out our brand new WhatsApp Channel!

• That is a nice surprise...both the unexpected early demo and the promise of at least a couple more during this lunar cycle.

I am not an expert in studio outtake bootlegs, but I don't believe I've ever heard anything like this when hearing early versions of Family Snapshot...let alone any PG3/Melt recordings from 1978. I'm very curious what else they come up with.

I also like that, between this and the Real World Notes EP on the New Moon, they are moving towards releasing multiple songs over both the New and Full Moon cycles. That's a trend I hope they continue to embrace until it's time for new music again.

The choice and phrasing of the release does dash (or at least delay) a couple dreams of mine. Since we've moved on to 1978 and PG3, I guess we aren't going to get official releases of the rest of the "Before The Flood" bootlegged songs from '74 and '75...let alone anything from the mythical 1976 demo recording session with Ant, Mike, and Phil.

Furthermore, since they primed this lunar cycle's releases as "demo songs that all became tracks you know well" from Melt, that means there won't be any cleaned-up version of the Tom Robinson co-written songs or the unreleased tracks recorded during '78 and '79 sessions (No. 1, Yesterday’s Song, and The One That Doesn’t Sound Like Genesis).

I'll keep my fingers crossed that such treasures could make their way to us sometime down the road -- and be happy to get fun demos of eventually-released songs/

• Another early deamo was added yesterday, this time "Games Without Frontiers (Early Incarnation)"

/ Peter Gabriel: Another early demo on Bandcamp

gwf_ei_vorschau.jpg

cheers

Christian

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | BlueSky

Deutsch? Check our German Website

Check out our brand new WhatsApp Channel!

• Quoting myself, but...

Furthermore, since they primed this lunar cycle's releases as "demo songs that all became tracks you know well" from Melt, that means there won't be any cleaned-up version of the Tom Robinson co-written songs or the unreleased tracks recorded during '78 and '79 sessions (No. 1, Yesterday’s Song, and The One That Doesn’t Sound Like Genesis).

I feel foolish that it took until someone else said it on Reddit, but it's possible the three future-Melt songs we are getting this cycle (Family Snapshot, Games Without Frontiers, and the unreleased third one) are these three songs bolded above...they just had different working title names than their released version.

For now, I'll tell myself that's the case so I feel like we are crossing off songs on the "never heard these before" list...