9. 07 points - satisfactory - (1) 5%
    10. 06 points - sufficient + (2) 11%
    11. 05 points - sufficient (0) 0%
    12. 04 points - sufficient - (0) 0%
    13. 03 points - poor + (0) 0%
    14. 02 points - poor (0) 0%
    15. 01 points - poor - (0) 0%
    16. 00 points - abysmal (0) 0%

We invite you to share interesting facts and tidbits about this track. Let's look at the track in the context of the band's / the artist's history, at the music, the songwriting and all other aspects that are relevant for this track. Please do stick to the discussion of the track above. Comparisons to other tracks are okay, but remember that the other track you may be keen to talk about has or will have its own Track Of The Week thread. If you spot a mistake or if you can close a gap in the fact sheet above please feel free to contact martinus or Christian about it; we will gladly add and improve!

BRAND X - And So To F
    Year: 1979
    Album: Product
    Working title: ?
    Credits: Collins
    Lyrics: no
    Length: 2:13
    Musicians: John Goodsall, Robin Lumley, John Giblin, Phil Collins
    Played live: frequently
    Cover versions: ?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Notes: Collins' love of fusion led to his solo project Brand X in 1975. The fusion band existed in the formation with Phil Collins until 1982, And So To F is one of the most popular tracks that Collins still played during his first two solo tours.
  • remember hearing this track way back when bought the Product album, along with Dont make waves, my fav numbers. Remember seeing it on Phil's solo tour and loving, it although clearly most people around me had never heard it before! 😆

• I saw Phil playing this on the NJR tour in Manchester, in early 1985 (I think)

I had never heard the song before but instantly loved it. I think that is what prompted be to go out and get all the Brand X albums with Phil on.

Probably a track which sounds particularly good live.

• 12 for me. Lovely track and goes well on the Product album. Much prefer their other 3 albums before this, I believe this was their 4th album in the collection.

• Official Post

For me, it's one of the best tracks Phil has ever been involded in. I love the version on the Face Value remaster. It was also the peak of his drumming skills back then.

• watched the old grey whistle test version last night on YT...is now a enhanced version, rather than the old grainy one. Band certainty having fun and great to see Phil drumming so well

I saw this when it went out in 1979 as an excited 14yo, latching on to him hinting in the interview with Annie Nightingale that Genesis would be touring the following year (giving me my first opportunity to see them).

Abandon all reason

• 14/15 from me. Love this track. A shame Phil didn't do this on later tours. Never saw this live for that reason.

... make tomorrow today!

• Not a big fan of this track, to be honest I found it a little boring. Saw Phil do it on his last tour but, never sounded like a Brand x track to me. 6/15 at most

• Official Post

Not a big fan of this track, to be honest I found it a little boring. Saw Phil do it on his last tour but, never sounded like a Brand x track to me. 6/15 at most

And So To F was only played during Phil's first tour, it wasn't played during the Not Dead Yet tour (Phil didn't play drums on that tour anyway)