David Crosby (R.I.P.)

• Sadly, David Crosby has died. He worked a lot with Phil so maybe it is a good idea to share some music by DC?

I will start with the obvious (and I am curious to learn what his best solo stuff would be)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Very sad news...

I am also a Neil Young fan, so Crosby Stills and Nash (and Young) is also something important in my musical life.

CSN's first album and CSNY's Deja Vu are milestones in rock n' roll history.

A documentary was shot a few years ago about his life. He knew he would die soon...

• He was a great harmonizer which he displayed time and time again, dating back to when he was in the Byrds.

I'm also a great fan of all the components of CSNY, and agree that CSN's debut and Deja Vu - and you can include Four-Way Street in there - were nothing short of monumental.

• RIP indeed. I wish I could figure out how to create a new thread on this board using my iPhone. I tried to do so last night about Crosby as soon as I heard the news. I loved the man’s voice. He and Phil sounded sublime on Another Day in ParadiS.

• This is one of my favourite David Crosby songs. Beautiful and serene, with a really neat open tuning on guitar.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• ... I am curious to learn what his best solo stuff would be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLMxH2hivGo

His first solo album, If I Could Only Remember My Name, is the only one I have.

I find it as thoroughly enjoyable as Graham Nash's and Stephen Still's debut albums (Neil Young I think is on a much higher plain).

Nonetheless, I really like it. Musical guests include the aforementioned Nash and Young, The Grateful Dead, Jefferson Airplane, and on this track Joni Mitchell.

• Just FYI - there is an “R.I.P. Thread” on the site here:

RIP Thread!!

That saves the possibility of each member of the music world getting a new thread here; however, I realize that you may not have known about it, and David Crosby certainly deserves his own thread. I loved his work in The Byrds and CSN/CSN&Y. He will be missed.

Stepping out the back way, hoping nobody sees...

• Massive CSN and CSNY lover here. He always felt like he was the soul of the ensembles in some ways.

Much of his solo work is brilliant too, including the albums with Nash.

I'm very glad I got a chance to see CSN in Manchester a few years back. The first CSN album is in my top 10 of all time.

I suppose we should be glad we had him as long as we did.