PETER GABRIEL - Panopticom (In-Side Mix)

• And now we have the In-side mix, which to my ears is the only one we really need :)

It's pure Gabriel, and all the levels and details are so perfectly managed.

Many additional production ideas, perfect groove.

It's as if the best ideas of Bright side and Dark side were mixed together.

Il loved the many additional thing we heard in Dark side mix, but in the end it sounds too complex. The transitions from the verse to the chorus don't work so well. A bit like a great rough mix.

I loved the Bright side mix for the perfect control of everything, but many great things from the arrangement were too discreet (like those great vocals in the intro) .

I'm a happy man with this InSide Mix. Although for many this game will be tiring.

Il love it. But I'm a sound engineer, so I'm probably probably biased.

• Official Post

This is a Dolby Atmos Mix and it is ONLY available on Apple Music and Amazon Music Streaming Platforms.

WARNING: If you download / buy the file on Amazon, you will get the dark side mix labelled as In-Side Mix. That's what I did. So I paid again for something I already have. Thanks!

• Yes, The Atmos is automatically activated in my app so I got that immersive mix directly.

I just hope now that Hans Martin Buff will mix the final stereo version. IMO he got the balance right ! :)

• One song by month with three different mixes. I'm still tired of this concept.

It's a way to make people talk about themselves and to perform the 12 songs of I/o over 12 months...

• Maybe in the coming months we'll get the Outside, Upside and Downside mixes. Then it'll move on the multiple mixes of the next track, and so on until the whole album has eventually been released in 60 months time.

Abandon all reason

• As I mentioned in an adjacent thread, I had the experience of another band releasing an album one song/month, and it wasn't great. It's too long a gap for momentum to sustain itself, so by the time the next song comes out you've kind of lost interest. Maybe PG will make it work. I'll dabble in the tracks as they come through but probably won't pay close attention until the whole album is out.

• Official Post

As I mentioned in an adjacent thread, I had the experience of another band releasing an album one song/month, and it wasn't great. It's too long a gap for momentum to sustain itself, so by the time the next song comes out you've kind of lost interest. Maybe PG will make it work. I'll dabble in the tracks as they come through but probably won't pay close attention until the whole album is out.

I also have my doubts, but I can understand why he is doing that. He will deal with the music for most of the year, there is no album promotion thing for a while and each track gets the same amount of time to be discussed etc.

I still wonder how he will do this regarding the tour. Will he play tracks that haven't bee released yet or will he stick to the 5 or 6 tracks released until then?

• I also have my doubts, but I can understand why he is doing that. He will deal with the music for most of the year, there is no album promotion thing for a while and each track gets the same amount of time to be discussed etc.

I still wonder how he will do this regarding the tour. Will he play tracks that haven't bee released yet or will he stick to the 5 or 6 tracks released until then?

Good question. I assume he'll play what he considers the best tracks that work with the setlist, or are particular highlights. But who knows. It would be odd to leave off some great track to fit the release schedule.

• I'm still not fully convinced it will be as most seem to be interpreting here, ie no full release prior to the tour. Of course it's not unknown for him and other acts to tour before a new album is released and yes what's been said so far indicates the possibility of this. So far we've had one track in three versions. If that sort of pattern is kept to, we won't have 5 or 6 by the time the tour starts. We might even have 5 or 6 versions of the one track!

In any no-full-release scenario prior to the tour it's most likely the setlist won't be restricted to what's been released and will include others off the album.

Abandon all reason

• I'm still not fully convinced it will be as most seem to be interpreting here, ie no full release prior to the tour. Of course it's not unknown for him and other acts to tour before a new album is released and yes what's been said so far indicates the possibility of this. So far we've had one track in three versions. If that sort of pattern is kept to, we won't have 5 or 6 by the time the tour starts. We might even have 5 or 6 versions of the one track!

In any no-full-release scenario prior to the tour it's most likely the setlist won't be restricted to what's been released and will include others off the album.

He might play every version of every track. It's the sort of thing he'd do just for the hell of it. (I know he won't. But I bet he's thought about it).:|