PETER GABRIEL - The Court - track discussion

• Official Post

A new track is available from 5 February midnight.

The Court will be released in its Dark-Side Mix first.

• CREDITS:

Words and Music by Peter Gabriel

Engineering by Oli Jacobs and Katie May

Assistant engineering by Faye Dolle, Dom Shaw

Orchestral engineering by Lewis Jones

Orchestral assistant engineering by Tom Coath, Luie Stylianou

Pre-production engineering by Richard Chappell

Produced by Peter Gabriel

Mastered by Matt Colton at Metropolis

Recorded at Real World Studios, Bath, The Beehive, London and British Grove, London.

Cover photo: The Burning of Lifting the Curse, 2022, by Tim Shaw

Photography by Steve Tanner.

http://www.timshawsculptor.com

Drums: Manu Katché

Rhythm Programming: Peter Gabriel, Richard Chappell

Percussion: Brian Eno, Katie May

Bass: Tony Levin

Guitar: David Rhodes

Piano: Peter Gabriel

Synths: Peter Gabriel, Brian Eno

BVs: Melanie Gabriel, David Rhodes, Peter Gabriel

LVs: Peter Gabriel

Orchestral Arrangement by John Metcalfe with Peter Gabriel

Violins: Everton Nelson, Ian Humphries, Louisa Fuller, Charles Mutter, Cathy Thompson, Natalia Bonner, Richard George, Marianne Haynes, Martin Burgess, Clare Hayes, Debbie Widdup, Odile Ollagnon

Violas: Bruce White, Fiona Bonds, Peter Lale, Rachel Roberts

Cellos: Ian Burdge, Chris Worsey, Caroline Dale, William Schofield, Tony Woollard, Chris Allan

Double Basses: Chris Laurence, Stacey Watton, Lucy Shaw

Trumpet: Andrew Crowley

Tenor Trombone/Euphonium: Andy Wood

Tenor Trombone: Tracy Holloway

Bass Trombone: Richard Henry

Tuba: David Powell

Flute: Eliza Marshall

Orchestra Conductor: John Metcalfe

Orchestra Leader: Everton Nelson

Sheet Music Supervisor: Dave Foster

Orchestra Contractor: Lucy Whalley and Susie Gillis for Isobel Griffiths Ltd

• Official Post

thanks, just wanted to add this.

• Slightly off topic, but, without googling or imdb-ing, which of the above list of people appears in an episode of Father Ted? (UK comedy set in Ireland)

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• Official Post

Same here

I like this track a lot.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Really like this. It's dark and melodic, and very "new" sounding. I like the dynamic between the verse and chorus. It's reminds me of Darkness but is much more concise (and stronger for it).

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

it’s an amazing track. It took a while, but this is far better than Panopticom and it shows Peter is still able to create stunning stuff. It has a little PGIV flair actually. :thumbup:

• I'm not that crazy about either of them to be honest, but I'm sure I will get to like them.

No, neither is top notch, I've been wondering whether my assessment is the result of too long a wait or pent-up expectations but after several listens I simply believe they are average songs.