PHIL COLLINS - Recording Compendium - Part 2: 1975 - 1978 is online!

• Official Post

We have launched our brand new PHIL COLLINS Recording Compendium last month.

Steffen Gerlach has complied the data for this third Compendium (after Peter Gabriel and Anthony Phillips), with a little help by Ulrich Klemt and myself.

For general aspects, please check our Compendium introduction page.

Part 2: Early Genesis Collins-era, Brand X | 1975 - 1978 is now online!

Genesis News Com [it]: Phil Collins - Recording Compendium, Part 2: 1975 - 1978 (genesis-news.com)

pc_compendium_header_2.jpg

• Official Post

Huh. I never knew he played with Thin Lizzy. Was just checking those songs out now, they're good rock tunes.

What a career he had, and nice work Christian and team on this compendium.

95% of the work has been done by Steffen. I only put this on the website. I’ll forward this to him, thanks!

• Official Post

I'm looking forward to studying this, but picking up on earlier comments, I had a look at the Lizzy entry. The release date quoted was a Saturday and I need to review further.

Just let us know when you have more info, Phil!

• An incredible piece of hard work. Many thanks for it. I am already looking forward to the next parts.

Couldn't agree more. Fascinating! Had no idea about the Andrew Lloyd Webber thing...

... make tomorrow today!

• We have launched our brand new PHIL COLLINS Recording Compendium last month.

Steffen Gerlach has complied the data for this third Compendium (after Peter Gabriel and Anthony Phillips), with a little help by Ulrich Klemt and myself.

The next segment will undoubtedly make reference to a Phil’s guest appearance on Camel’s I Can See Your House From Here.

Phil is listed as a guest musician in the album credits, but it doesn’t identify the songs he plays on.

However, if you’re familiar with the album, you can clearly hear a second layer of percussion on two tracks — “Your Love Is Stranger Than Mine” and “Hymn To Her” — which I’ve always attributed to Phil (not only because I know he’s on there but because I think it sounds like his playing).

In light of my own speculations about who plays what on that album, I’m curious, if the compilers of the compendium are entirely dependent on the listed credits in putting this together (which I can appreciate the gathering-of would be a task in itself) or have they been able to tap into other sources that would potentially expand on what is listed in the credits?

• Official Post

In light of my own speculations about who plays what on that album, I’m curious, if the compilers of the compendium are entirely dependent on the listed credits in putting this together (which I can appreciate the gathering-of would be a task in itself) or have they been able to tap into other sources that would potentially expand on what is listed in the credits?

Good point!

In some cases it's actually difficult, but quite often you can also hear it. The author of the piece is a drummer himself. When he's not sure about stuff, it will clearly me marlked. And of course we see this compendium as a living document that can be updated with new info any time.