Genesis Reaction: The Knife

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Thanks for that, I like these things.

I think we take a lot for granted, certainly I do. Peter was 20 when this came out, and I presume the others were a very similar age.

How on earth did they get so good so fast? I'm sure they practiced and all that, but this is ridiculous. Plus the writing of course...

I love this album, I actually prefer it to NC. I know it's not technically their first album, but that's how I think of it. And to arrive with this, and songs like the Knife, still blows my mind.

• Thanks for that, I like these things.

I think we take a lot for granted, certainly I do. Peter was 20 when this came out, and I presume the others were a very similar age.

How on earth did they get so good so fast? I'm sure they practiced and all that, but this is ridiculous. Plus the writing of course...

They were really special, even when they were that young :thumbup:

I always wonder why Peter didn't revisit his past with Genesis a bit more. I hope he'll throw in a Genesis track during the upcoming tour.

• Wait, he has never heard The Knife but he has a Spot The Pigeon poster ?

That's funny.

Of course everyone has some albums and songs, considered as "classic ones" that we have not heard yet (personally I know Yes, and their Tormato and 90125 albums, and a few other well-known songs, but I know I still have to listen to Tales From Topographic Ocean, Close To The Edge, etc, because I don't know them. Same for the Beatles or the Stones, I still don't know all of their songs.)

• Wait, he has never heard The Knife but he has a Spot The Pigeon poster ?

That's funny.

Of course everyone has some albums and songs, considered as "classic ones" that we have not heard yet (personally I know Yes, and their Tormato and 90125 albums, and a few other well-known songs, but I know I still have to listen to Tales From Topographic Ocean, Close To The Edge, etc, because I don't know them. Same for the Beatles or the Stones, I still don't know all of their songs.)

Yeah, I was wondering about that....^^. He also has PG3 poster, so it's not like he doesn't know who he is.

• I'd love it. But he hasn't done it for decades and so I don't suppose he's going to start now, especially now he'll have an even bigger solo career to choose from.

I'm usually hyper-cautious about this sort of stuff but this time I feel it's not inconceivable.

Abandon all reason

• I'm all for a bit of wild speculation :)

We do know that he considered doing a bit of Supper's Ready for a previous tour and the rest of the band was less enthusiastic. So while a low chance, not impossible. There was also that one-off where he sang the intro to Dancing With the Moonlit Knight on the tour with Sting - sounded very good.

• Today, his reaction video was for 'Stagnation'

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.