55 years ago - "The Silent Sun" US release (1 March 1968)

• Official Post

Today marks the 55th anniversary of the US release of "The Silent Sun", the first ever Genesis single.

Who owns a copy? Image shows the promo

cheers

Christian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | BlueSky

Deutsch? Check our German Website

Check out our brand new WhatsApp Channel!

• Many years ago I briefly knew a guy who had the "Silent Sun" single in his extensive Genesis collection, "Parrot" label and all. This guy introduced me to such Genesis rarities as "Happy the Man," "Twilight Alehouse," "It's Yourself," "The Day the Light Went Out" and "Vancouver," recording them onto a cassette for me from his vinyl copies. Of course, back then I never envisioned having all those rare songs, and many more, on something called "CDs"!

Little known fact: Before the crowbar was invented...

...crows simply drank at home.

• Used to have the Parrot promo years ago but sold it when I decided to reduce the collection down to UK releases only. Still have the Decca Silent Sun, stock copy and promo.

• Used to have the Parrot promo years ago but sold it when I decided to reduce the collection down to UK releases only. Still have the Decca Silent Sun, stock copy and promo.

Well, don't feel too hard done to, the Parrot label states "Distributed by London Records" which was Decca's US arm, managed by Walt McGuire, so technically, you still have a Decca copy!

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!