Next UNCUT issue (May 2023) with PETER GABRIEL cover feature

• Official Post

It also contains a new interview with Peter, where he talks about i/o and the tour,

Details & purchase options here: https://www.genesis-news.com/n…e-cover-feature-n860.html

• Official Post
  • I have two questions about the upcoming tour,

1 on "the courtyard" and "playing for time" an orchestra of at least 20 musicians plays live. How to play the orchestra parts if there are no classical musicians? It's true that for "Growing up tour" the "signal to noise" sequences were pre-recorded, but only for one song. But here, the i/o album seems to contain a lot of orchestral parts.

2. Will he record one of the concerts knowing that there is no double concert? All the tours of the last 30 years have been recorded on ble concert. Thank you very much. I'm looking forward to June 6th at the Sportpaleis belgium.

• Official Post

I have two questions about the upcoming tour,

1 on "the courtyard" and "playing for time" an orchestra of at least 20 musicians plays live. How to play the orchestra parts if there are no classical musicians? It's true that for "Growing up tour" the "signal to noise" sequences were pre-recorded, but only for one song. But here, the i/o album seems to contain a lot of orchestral parts.

2. Will he record one of the concerts knowing that there is no double concert? All the tours of the last 30 years have been recorded on ble concert. Thank you very much. I'm looking forward to June 6th at the Sportpaleis belgium.

Well, Peter has always found ways to arrange decent stage versions and those do not necessarily need to be similar to the album versions. Yes, Signal To Noise was from tape, regarding the orchestral part.

For The Court and Playing For Time, he could use some keyboard sounds for a live version, but as I saiud, he will find ways to do that.

There is no info whether or not he will record shows for a possible live release.

• I have the feeling that there might be a string section on stage for this tour...Maybe a little section.

During his videos, PG stated several times how happy he was to see some familiar faces during the recordings. And I read somewhere (in uncut?) that there would be "new" musicians who are not familiar to play with Tony, Manu and David.

It would make sense for this new album as the strings seem to have an important part.

I wouldn't be surprised....

• Official Post

I have the feeling that there might be a string section on stage for this tour...Maybe a little section.

During his videos, PG stated several times how happy he was to see some familiar faces during the recordings. And I read somewhere (in uncut?) that there would be "new" musicians who are not familiar to play with Tony, Manu and David.

It would make sense for this new album as the strings seem to have an important part.

I wouldn't be surprised....

that could be keyboardist Don E

But we’ll see

• Some nice Genesis comments.

In a recent interview with Uncut, the former Genesis singer spoke about seeing his old band perform its last-ever show in March 2022. "There's a lot of history there," he said. "It was lovely to see Phil [Collins] again, though he wasn't as strong as I remember him. But it brought back a lot of memories. I was very glad I was there. I had been there at the beginning, so I should be there at the end."

Still, Gabriel said, he doesn't pine for the days he spent in the group. "I don't see [the members of Genesis] very often, but I enjoy my relationships with those guys," he explained. "I love the freedom of being able to do what I want, when I want, how I want. That's fine to give up on a particular project, but as a state of living, I don't want to be having arguments again."

• Still, Gabriel said, he doesn't pine for the days he spent in the group. "I don't see [the members of Genesis] very often, but I enjoy my relationships with those guys," he explained. "I love the freedom of being able to do what I want, when I want, how I want. That's fine to give up on a particular project, but as a state of living, I don't want to be having arguments again."

And that's perfectly fine. PG left the band almost 50 years ago and in that time the members have managed to maintain better relationships with one another than most other rock bands. Gabriel can look back on his career with nothing but pride.