i/o: The Tour - North America 2023

• Official Post
    • Official Post

Just checked some tickets >400$ for front of stage block … and I thought Europe was expensive

• I got a ticket for Toronto, second row in front of the stage for about $260 USD. I figured that seat would be much more expensive and I wasn't expecting to get it. Granted, this was not part of a VIP package. Those were going for about $600-$800 USD. But I'm not sure how Ticketmaster dynamic pricing is factoring into that.

• I got the Peter Gabriel presale e-mail today. Once I read it and clicked on link for the Philadelphia date, I laughed almost to the point of vomiting (while mildly weeping at the same time).

For the Philadelphia show presale, I was invited to spend:

$875.74 per ticket for the Premium VIP Lounge

$703.54 per ticket for the VIP Lounge

$560.04 per ticket for the Lower Bowl (not the floor, which would have been more costly) for the Gold Ticket package

…and finally…

$363.88 per ticket for the Lower Bowl (no floor option for this one) for the Silver Ticket package.

There was no option for regular non-special tickets.

Needless to say, I did not partake of the Peter Gabriel presale. I’ll have to count on the venue presale or the general sale to go - with the option of not going remaining a possibility.

LiveNation/Ticketmaster - and the acts that go along with them - are ruining the concert-going experience. They are using presales just to financially fleece fans. They are using one’s fandom of a particular act to one’s own financial detriment. They are eventually going to kill the golden goose with their blind greed.

Let’s hope the other on-sale opportunities are less horrific.

Stepping out the back way, hoping nobody sees...

• HAPPY ENDING UPDATE!

There was a link error with the Philadelphia show. If you are on Peter’s email list and you got the presale email and you wanted to go to the Philadelphia show, check your email again. They sent a second email with a corrected link that will allow you to buy non-VIP, non-Gold/Silver tickets - i.e., regular tickets.

The seat I ended up buying was $216 in the lower bowl (in quite a similar location to where I saw Genesis in Dec. 2021, coincidentally enough) - still more than I wanted to spend, but much more “in profile” with the customary inflated prices of tickets today.

So, try again if you were in the situation I was in yesterday. (You know, I’m willing to bet there are a LOT of angry Philadelphia fans who may have already bought a much more inflated-price ticket because of this snafu. I wonder what the fallout will be from that. The venue should really allow people to exchange tickets for the (slightly) more reasonably-priced ones. I hope they do. 🍀)

The other comments I made above about LiveNation/Ticketmaster still apply. 🖕(This bird is the exclusive property of LiveNation/Ticketmaster - no one else may claim it (unless you really want it - I guess I can’t really stop you from claiming it if you really want it 🤷‍♂️).)

Stepping out the back way, hoping nobody sees...

Edited once, last by OneForTheVine ().

• agree with comments...often worth waiting a few weeks/months for the dynamic pricing to settle down..if gigs don't sell out. I have also picked up cheaper tickets a few days before shows, if take a chance.

Some shows seem heavily priced compared to potential demand

• I think I’ll wait for the reviews from our European members before deciding on whether or not to go. I’m really 50/50 on this one. I only saw him once in 2010 when he toured with the orchestra. To say I was underwhelmed is an understatement. Either way it will be a last minute decision. Single tickets at a reduced price usually pop up in the last days before the show.

• I think I’ll wait for the reviews from our European members before deciding on whether or not to go. I’m really 50/50 on this one. I only saw him once in 2010 when he toured with the orchestra. To say I was underwhelmed is an understatement. Either way it will be a last minute decision. Single tickets at a reduced price usually pop up in the last days before the show.

However, it was a very special show - different - very far away from a rock show. His voice was magnificent. And the lighting's work was incendiary (these nuances of red...).

• agree with comments...often worth waiting a few weeks/months for the dynamic pricing to settle down..if gigs don't sell out. I have also picked up cheaper tickets a few days before shows, if take a chance.

Some shows seem heavily priced compared to potential demand

Definitely true. The show likely won’t sell out, meaning there will be resellers desperate to unload. So patience is definitely a virtue. It can be nerve wracking playing that game, but it can pay huge dividends in saving. Back around 2010 I paid just $25 for Baltimore Ravens playoff game tickets by waiting to buy tickets until 2 days before. I froze my backside off but at least they won lol.

• Official Post
    • Official Post

Ok, so we can each create a new thread for a Canadian concert like Montreal? Cool.

BTW everyone should check out Tony's pictures tour page, it is always a pleasure to see his posts!

https://tonylevin.com/road-diaries/peter-gabriel-io-tour/

Yes, we will have individual threads for the shows in North America as well!