Peter Gabriel on nugs.net.

• Nothing about this so far. Quite obviously they have roses ideas tondi so, but probably decided otherwise as they are going so many new tracks?

He's streaming only on nugs so assuming these shows do get released there (which I'm sure there's a good chance of) it wouldn't be confirmed until they're up there.

• Is there any plan for this tour to be released in the Encore format from the Music.com?

• Doubtful, considering themusic.com no longer exists and is selling off all their old stock

That means that those of us lucky enough to have bought some of their live tour releases (The Who, Peter Gabriel and Genesis), now own valuable memorabilia never to be found available again.

• Remember how when it came to the Up tour only the USA shows in 2003 & the 2004 Europe shows were only released through the music

Anyone think if he's doing nugs/bandcamp this tour that he may do it but not until later on (Maybe not starting until USA or not until any shows he may do next year -- this tour IS expected to last 2ish years correct?)

• Just speculation on my part, but could Peter/his management be waiting to release the soundboards (in whatever format) after each leg of the tour has finished?

(so anytime after June 25th for the Europe/UK leg of the tour?)

Christian, when have the previous tour Encore Series discs been released, straight after a gig, or after a leg of a tour has finished?

All I know is, I'll be in Birmingham for tonight's gig, and I'd REALLY like a professional recording to buy as a souvenir!!! :) :)

• Official Post

the older Encores where available shortly after the shows, approx. 3 weeks. But those were in physical formal. Nugs uses streams and downloads, so that’s not that time consuming to make it available.

But still there’s no sign we might get this for the European shows.

• the older Encores where available shortly after the shows, approx. 3 weeks. But those were in physical formal. Nugs uses streams and downloads, so that’s not that time consuming to make it available.

But still there’s no sign we might get this for the European shows.

Hi Christian,

Thanks for the reply on this....I understand how they work now.

A few years ago when more artists were releasing Soundboards of their gigs, they'd make them available immediately after the gig (a few of my Kiss soundboards from a few years ago are like this).

Peter obviously likes to mix them a little bit to make sure they're of optimum quality (which fits with what we know about his philosophy of sound! :), so I don't think the format (whether download or physical formats) are going to matter, he'll still want the gigs mixed a bit, so the wait I guess is understandable.

GREAT gig on Saturday night by the way, the musicianship on display was STELLAR :) :) What a great first gig of Peter's to see! :)

• Official Post

in Munich in 2013, they also put the shows in CD-R right away so you could take them home. But that's the only show I remember where they have done that.

• If we find out ANYTHING I think it'll be on a full moon. I don't know if I'll be going or not so I'd love to still be able to hear him on this tour even if I'm not there.

• Peter obviously likes to mix them a little bit to make sure they're of optimum quality (which fits with what we know about his philosophy of sound! :), so I don't think the format (whether download or physical formats) are going to matter, he'll still want the gigs mixed a bit, so the wait I guess is understandable.

I have a *lot* of the Gabriel Encore series releases and can assure you this is one occasion where the recordings were not "tampered with" at all and were straight recordings of the gigs. Inevitably, there were just too many of these, issued too soon after the shows for any post-production to take place.

• I'm pretty sure if there WERE ideas to release shows on nugs (or wherever) we would already know about this.

At least for the european shows we will have no recordings, I'm afraid...

Nugs is quite secretive when it comes to what'll be happening there so there's no way to confirm or deny what'll be happening there. Everything of his that is there now is still the same already heard stuff that they put up when they announced he'd be working with them.

• Official Post

Nugs is quite secretive when it comes to what'll be happening there so there's no way to confirm or deny what'll be happening there. Everything of his that is there now is still the same already heard stuff that they put up when they announced he'd be working with them.

could also be something for the American market only. We will see ...