Ghost have covered „Jesus He Knows Me“

• Official Post

This may be interesting ;)

Reminds me a bit of the cover version by Disturbed (Land of confusion on that case)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

cheers

Christian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | BlueSky

Deutsch? Check our German Website

Check out our brand new WhatsApp Channel!

• The first time I heard this version, I was really unsure about it. To my ear, it sounded a lot like Weird Al singing, and that really colored my first impression. It made my brain think of it as more a parody of the original song, as opposed to a parody of televangelists. After listening again, I was able to hear this for what it is.

I'm not a big fan of the original, though I appreciate it more now than I did in 1992. And other than a couple things I've seen on YouTube, I don't know Ghost at all. All that said, I like this. It's not going to make me go out and buy the new Ghost EP that this will be on. But I liked it. It's pretty faithful to the original, just amped up a bit, and has a lot of the theatrical sound that I've heard in those few other Ghost songs. I thought the bridge in particular was really good.

The metal cover I have wanted for years is Metallica covering The Knife. James playing rhythm for the keyboard parts, Kirk and Lars thrashing away, 15k fans chanting "We / are / only / want / ing / free / dom." The Live '73 version specifically; every time I listen to that, I can hear Metallica playing it.

• It's very good, I'm a big fan of the original, I think it's one of Genesis' best rock songs. I'm not sure how much heavier this is though, the vocals are definitely not as rocky as Phil's. The choruses have a touch of Def Leppard about them. Overall I do like it though! The comments are interesting, people talking about checking out Genesis.