Your favorite GENESIS studio albums (pick three)

• That isn't name-calling: way too general for that.

Sorry that I offended your sensibilities, but one has to step out of the woolly consensus once in a while

especially on a thread such as this.

Of course it's name-calling and it's specific, not general at all.

I'm not remotely offended, and there is no consensus. Your apparent sense of your own importance is quite staggering.

Abandon all reason

• No offended... to the point of resorting to personal attacks... again.

No I'm never offended by anything. You're mistaken in thinking I'm making personal attacks or that if I were, they'd be motivated by offence. If you're going to make rigid dogmatic pronouncements about the band's work and make a point of loftily explaining to people they like post-77 stuff because they're blind indiscriminating fans, you've got to expect them to rebut. My finding your "I know best" comments pompous and arrogant isn't a personal attack, it's simply my honest opinion of your sneery faux-superior stance. How could it not be?

You might do well to take the advice you gave someone else and take a long walk.

Abandon all reason

• That isn't name-calling: way too general for that.

Sorry that I offended your sensibilities, but one has to step out of the woolly consensus once in a while

especially on a thread such as this.

Tone has to step out of the woolly consensus once in a while

I appreciate that, I sometimes have the feeling everything has been said about the band and it's not like they are giving us material to talk about, that said, I was never under the impression there is a consensus on this or any other Genesis Forums and simply telling somebody that liking something is only possible if they are deluded fanboys is really not conducive to any sort of debate, if this is what you are interested in. Too dogmatic and yes, you said it yourself, too arrogant. Perhaps, you might want to try to be provocative , checking those two attributes at the door which doesn't mean changing your opinion but questioning it.

• Yikes. I went a trip last week where I inadvertently, for the first time in forever, found myself 'off the grid'. No cell network or wi fi. At first I was a bit panicky. Then I realised the world would keep turning if I couldn't check email.

Now, checking back in on this thread I'm glad I missed out on the live discussion. It looks ugly, with the source of all the ugliness being senor Lazlor. Not a wind up merchant at all, as someone suggested, and not provocative either since the presented argument is a blank wall shutting down discussion on the basis that only one opinion has any merit.

The title of the thread is your favorite three genesis albums? Any three of Trick, Duke, Abacab and CAS. I love the lamb and trespass too. I'm glad I live in a world where I don't have to really choose!

• At the moment it's Lamb, Duke and We can't dance, but that changes from time to time.

Has been W&W, Genesis and Foxtrot late last year ... I really find great stuff on nearly all of their albums :)

some are wise ... and some otherwise